Chapter 22

Roohi POV

It's been a month since the dinner. And about 15 days I joined Ahad's company in HR department. I was little hesitant on joining but it was baba who assured and encouraged me to join at least as an intern.

Ahad was unsure about me working in different company when I could work in his. I agreed on a condition that I would work as an intern and no one should know about me being his wife to which he reluctantly agreed.

I had no contact with junaid which I'm glad. I was busy sorting the emails when a clerk informed me as boss was calling to his office.
Quickly completing my task I went to his cabin. I knocked on his door to wait for his reply.
"Come in" came his professional tone.

I went slowly and saw him immersed in his files.
"Any reason that I am being summoned by the boss?"I asked in a professional tone.

"No but do I need a reason to call my wife " he said not taking his eyes of the files.

"Acha ji, as long as I remember we aren't husband and wife in the office " I said and took a seat on his office couch.

He looked handsome and extremely attractive in his office attire all focused on his work. I was busy ogling at him.

"Jaan, how am I supposed to concentrate when you stare at me like that" his voice snapped out of my dreaming he was amused staring right back at me.

"Then don't concentrate "I retorted back at him. Closing the files and clearing his desk and came and sat beside me.

"Irada kya hain aapka?"
"Nek irade hain"i simply smiled and said.

"Let's go we will have lunch together" with that he took my hand ,were exiting his cabin when I tugged him back.

"Leave my hand it won't look good"i said as no one know about us.

"I don't care if it's look good or not you are my wife and I will hold your hand or do whatever I want. "

We exited his cabin and some employees were shocked at first but nobody dared to say a word. He was taking me to a lunch date.

"Jaan, kya khane ka mann hain aapka? "Ahad asked.
I began to think then a image of pizza and biryani came in my mind and now I couldn't control my cravings to have it.

"Biryani and pizza" I voiced. We went to a restaurant where the pizza and biryani were so tasty. Ahhh.

After the lunch we roamed around the city did some shopping mostly Ahad buying me stuffs .

We came home in the evening, ammi was giving a head massage to Aimen and baba was reading Quran.
"Assalamualikum " we both said.
"Walaikumsalam,did you  enjoy the date bhai?" Aimen asked. She is following the foot steps of her sister of having no filter.

"Chotu it must be me who must tease you not the other way around " with that he sat on the couch opposite her.

I excused myself to go to the room. Keeping all the shoppers in the closet I went to freshen up.

When I came out my phone was constantly ringing. It was unknown number.
Feeling a little skeptical about picking the phone, I still picked it.

"Hello" came a manly voice .
"Hello who's this?"
"Roohi it's me junaid "
"What do you want " keeping my anger away I asked.

"I don't want anything Roohi but I do have something which you would desperately want to know " he said saying the same thing.
"Junaid be clear" I demanded.
"You don't need to speak that way darling "I just cringed at what he told.