Chapter 19

Author's POV

Ahad have already left for his mamu's place in the same evening.
He left Roohi at her parents house before going as she insisted staying there than at her mamujaan house.

Roohi was having some me time, strolling around and rummaging through the wardrobes of her parents to find some hidden treasures.

She found some of her baby clothes and her toys.  She got emotional seeing them and her hands on their accord went to her lower abdomen just to feel an empty womb.
But she tried herself to be strong and become stable before bringing any new member.

She was busy cherishing her memories when the phone constant ringing pulled her out of the trance.

Smile automatically marched her face when she looked at her phone screen.

"Assalamualikum what are you doing?" Ahad spoke from the other side.

"Walaikumsalam who's this?" She used a different tone with a heavy voice pretending to be someone else.

Roohi was in a jovial mood hence deciding to tease Ahad.

"Ooh toh aap mujhe nhi jaanti " he sounded amused, thinking where his wife have hit her head.

"Sorry but I don't recognize you" still speaking in deep voice.

"Let me tell you or more like I will show you who I'm to you when I come back" he told in a hoarse voice.

Roohi could no longer hold back her laughter and laughed it off.

"Acha I know who you are you don't have to show me. Tell me how's nanijaan?"

"The doctors said she is stable than before but they will keep under observation for the night and then say something. For now everyone is heading home . Azeem would stay here for the night. " he informed.

"How is ammi?" Mehreen was very much worried and paled from the moment she heard of her ammi.

" she is doing fine. She is relieved after the doctors note "
" okay take care of yourself and keep me informed " with that they hung up.

*****

Two days passed by since ahad went and nanijaan was stable and was given the green signal to go home with a lot of instructions.

Ahad was supposed to come back today in the evening to pick roohi up and head back home.

She was anxiously waiting for Ahad to come back as this was the first time after marriage they stayed apart from each other.

And to say she missed him would be an understatement, she felt that there was a void in herself without Ahad by her side.

It was almost 5 in the evening when she decided to dress herself in a saree and do a little makeup.  She was in mood to glam her up.

After getting all dressed up she went to the kitchen to prepare snacks. While preparing she asked the khala to open the door saying it would be Ahad.

Wrapping everything up she went in the living room to find Asra and a man whose back was facing Roohi.  Judging from his shoulders she knew it was not Ahad.

She quickly went in her room to get a shawl to cover herself as she would be uncomfortable in a saree in front of a na mehram.

Coming to the living room, she made her presence know by saying her salam.
At her voice both turned towards her.

Roohi was little skeptical who the person was and as to why Asra was visiting.  It was no doubt she wouldn't come here for no reason because they were not so on speaking terms.