14

Shinso sits down on the slightly damaged mini fridge, pulling out his phone and checking the time. It didn't take him long to get here and he has no idea where M lives so he couldn't hope to guess how long he would be waiting.

Instead of trying to figure it out, he opens a game he could play mindlessly while he waits.

He isn't sure of how much time passes by, but he almost jumps out of his skin when somebody sits down behind him. Their backs are facing each other, so he can't really tell who it is despite the thought that there could only be one person that would sit there.

"Hey, Shinso..." The other says, leaning back onto the insomniac. "Hi?" Shinso replies, a bit skeptical.

"It's, M. You looked like you spaced out, so I thought I would just sit with you and see if you noticed me." M chuckled, getting up and turning so he stands  next to Shinso.

Shinso looks up and takes a second to acknowledge what the other is wearing. With the hoodie (hood up), black mask, and sunglasses, it was made obvious to Shinso that M was trying to hide any part of his physical appearance that could identify him.

"Isn't that a bit much?" The purple-haired male asks, cocking an eyebrow.

M shrugs, "I'd rather not chance it if we run into anyone that knows me". Shinso stands up, slipping his phone into his back pocket.

"You still down to get some food before heading to your place?" M takes a moment before agreeing with Shinso's plan.

"M. This is a joke right?" Shinso accuses, squinting at the building in front of them. M shakes his head, opening the door and walking inside, holding the door open for Shinso.

Shinso walks in, looking around at the space and waiting for M to say that this was a joke or something.

Instead, M just sits down a bare mattress on top of another mattress. He finally pulls down his hood and removes the sunglasses and mask as well.

"M, this is seriously where you live?" Shinso asks, trying to wrap his head around it. From how he talked in chat, Shinso could never had guessed that M lived in the equivalent of a rundown wooden shed.

M nods. "Kind of. I have somewhere thats not so-... however you want to describe this. But I come here when I want to be alone and other people live there that won't be estatic if i brought a U.A. student with me."

"Alright. So, putting this aside, I asked to meet so I can get an answer to my question. What is so bad that would get you kicked out of the groupchat?"

M looks down. "I-... It's a bit harder to tell you when you're sitting here looking at me."

Shinso decides to be a wise guy and turns around saying "there". M fakes a laugh, but takes a deep breath before blurting out "I'm a villain, Shinso".

The insomniac turns around to face M, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape.

"You're kidding right?" M shakes his head and stands up, looking at Shinso dead in the eyes, expressionless.

"So, what now? Are you going to tell the pros? Lead them to my door so they can arrest me? Or just simply kick me from the groupchat?"

Shinso waits a minute, thinking about the new information and what could be done about this.

"I have an idea. You need to agree to it though." M's eyes narrow as he thinks about what Shinso could possibly be suggesting.

"I've been talking with you for a bit and from what I can tell, if you wanted to do anything to anyone other than Bakugo in the groupchat then you would've done it already. I suggest we create video evidence that you mean no harm incase we need it." He doesn't say it out loud, but Shinso knows that even if M admits to wanting to cause anyone other than Bakugo harm that he can easily do something about it.

M takes a moment before realizing what Shinso means. "You want to brainwash me, ask me questions and record my answers incase we need my truthful answers?" Shinso nods.

"Fine. But can we make a list of what you're gonna ask so I at least know what I'm getting myself into before answering your question?"

M sits on his mattress, watching as Shinso tries to prop up his phone so he doesn't have to hold it throughout the entire questioning.

He presses the record button, making sure he's out of frame before looking back at the slightly nervous M.

"Ready?"

"Yea-" Any worry washed away from M's face, looking almost as if he's deep in thought.

"Getting started then. You agreed to letting me brainwash you, correct?"

"Yes."

"And you agreed to me recording your answers?"

"Yes."

"What's your real name?"

"Midoriya Izuku."

"What do the people in the 1-A groupchat call you?"

"M."

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen."

"Are you a villain?"

"Yes."

"Do you plan on causing any harm to anyone in the groupchat?"

"Maybe Kacchan, but not anyone else."

"Do you plan on leaking any information from the groupchat?"

"No."

"Do you plan on causing me any harm when I release you from my control?"

"No."

"Have you ever lied in the groupchat?"

"Only once."

"What did you lie about?"

"That I'm still attending school."

Shinso deactivates his quirk and Midoriya blinks a couple times trying to comprehend whats going on. "Woah that was weird."

Shinso walks over, pressing the stop button on his phone before slipping it into his back pocket. He stops for a second, realizing something.

"Your name sounds really familiar." Shinso points out. He turns to look at Midoriya, who scratches the back of his neck.

He goes to reply, but his phone starts to ring as he opens his mouth. Both males looks at the screen. "Who the hell is saved in your phone as 'Crusty'?" Shinso asks.

Midoriya ignores the question, answering the call with, "What do you want, Crusty?"

Shinso, despite him doing his best to listen to the person on the other end, can't hear anything other than Midoriya's responses. He isnt complaining though, Midoriya's responses give him enough detail.

"Where I am is none of your business... No, it isn't. Now what do you want?... And I would care about that whyyy?... Hate to miss out on your equivalent of a family dinner, but I ate already... Bold of you to assume I cant get myself food every now and then... Wait, shit, no dont- Hey, mom... I'll stop calling you mom when you stop acting like it... But I told him already that I-... I'm telling the truth, I just ate maybe half an hour ago... Fine, I'll come. But only because you make good food... I'll be a bit, so don't wait up."

Midoriya hangs up, groaning in annoyance as he stands up. "Hate to cut this short, but I live with a damn man child that doesn't like it when things don't go his way and I cant get myself out of this."

The purple-haired male shrugs. "Its fine. We can always meet up another time if you want and we text almost every day. Besides, that was fun to listen to."

The villain's eyes widen. "How much of the phone call did you hear?"

"Hardly anything, just what you said." Midoriya relaxes, letting out a sigh. "Good. I'm gonna walk you to the beach we met at so you arent wandering around the entire city by yourself."

Letting out a chuckle, Shinso jokes, "My hero..."

"Don't call me that."