Uncovering the Plan

"What!?" I said, backtracking a few steps. "Why would they even think about doing that?!"

"Reasons," Erica said. "For one, the trust bonds between the two aren't exactly as sturdy as you think. There have been discoveries of moles from both sides, and not everybody in the MI6 is as friendly as mom."

"Yes... but why would they bomb it? Isn't that just starting some kind of civil war between the good guys?"

"I'm assuming the reason for this is because they are wanting to intimidate the British. Show them who's the boss, and make sure that they don't mess with us."

"But... what if they retaliate?"

"Then we're stuck in a pickle. This wasn't even the Academy's decision, it was the higher-ups. Being as numbskull as they are, I'm not surprised they planned this. Also, Zoe, you might as well show yourself. I see you there."

I heard a sigh come from behind my desk and Zoe popped up from under it, having the same exact look on her face that I had: disbelief.

"This is by far  the dumbest decision that I've ever heard," she said when she sat down on the edge of the bed next to me. "And what if the MI6 are onto us?"

"Then don't expect our campus to be perfectly intact by tomorrow. If they're smart, then they would probably bomb us to intimidate the CIA to not intimidate the MI6."

"But what if we  were onto them for them being onto us?" Zoe said.

"Then, in theory, we would bomb them  to intimidate them to not bomb us in order to stop us  bombing them and intimidating them."

Erica rubbed her temples. "Please, no more logic. My brain hurts."

"I could go on forever, you know," Zoe said. "Oh yeah, Ben, I expect you're going to the ball with Erica?" the annoyance in her voice was unable to be hidden.

"Unwillingly, yes," she said. 

Suddenly, Mike burst into the room.

"The CIA is going to bomb the MI6!" he said. This was followed by a lot of murmers from the hallway.

"Say it a bit louder," Erica hissed. "I don't think hey heard you in China."

"Sorry," Mike said. "It's just- really?"

"You were spying on us this whole time, I'm guessing?" Zoe said.

"Well, that's kind of the point of this school," he said. "Also, um, there might just be a few more people that want to be in this conversation. Is it okay if I invite them?"

"I guess," Erica said.

Jawa, Chip, and a few others struggled into the tiny room. This was followed by the rest of the people who were in the match list reveal, which was a little over 20 humans packed in my tiny room.

"You might as well be inviting the whole world," Zoe said. "Let's go somewhere else to talk about this."

"You can go somewhere else," Mike said. "I'm not leaving until Ben tells me everything he knows about this."

"Me too," said the rest of the crowd simultaneously.

I groaned. The drama was never going to end, seeing this path.

Suddenly another person burst into the room. Someone that only the usual crew knew, and someone that could save me from this.

"Cheerio, students!" Catherine said from the door. "If you would please disperse to your dorms, I have something private to discuss with Ben and Erica."

All of the students left, but when Mike headed out, Catherine put her hand his shoulder.

"You're staying," she said. "There's something I need to tell you. And yes, I'm aware of the CIA's plan."