Zoe's Healing

After whisking Zoe into the hospital, which took a few minutes due to Erica's incredible ability to parkour across the streets of London while holding a body (which did look suspicious, but we managed to explain the situation to some people who asked a few questions), we managed to get Zoe into emergency medical service before she could pass away. My sigh of relief only came when the Doctor came over to us, stating that the injury was fatal, but it could be repaired if given enough time. Looks like we'll be missing an agent on the mission.

Erica didn't seem to mind, and told the doctor that we would be visiting tomorrow at the same time. After bonding out of the hospital and heading over to the MI6 headquarters on a taxi, we met Catherine at the front of the inauspicious building.

"Cheerio, students!" she said brightly, then her expression turned from happiness to worry when she realized that there were only five of us. "Not to mind, but where is that damsel Zoe? You lads look a tad bit off without her in your group."

"Hospital. She got a fatal injury while in the plane attack," Erica said, hugging her mom for approximately two seconds then pulling away.

"Hospital? Oh, dear. You kids are always getting yourselves into trouble."

"Like we can avoid it in the first place," I said, hugging Catherine. The motherly tone in her voice and her friendliness always made my mood seem better. After all, she and Erica were basically polar opposites in many ways.

I didn't know how that gene didn't get passed down, since every other gene did (athletism, good looks, and a slight British tint in personality), but as I said, genetics are the least of my worries at this point. Especially considering the fact that Zoe was in the hospital.

Catherine led us towards the building, expression on her face now being a worried one, unlike the one before. I wish we hadn't told her about the news, since I liked her happy side much better. Heck, I wished that Zoe didn't even get injured in the first place. All that meant was more face time with Erica.

After going through at least five layers of security, a guard nodded us past and we were whisked into one of the fanciest hallways I've seen in my entire life.

The MI6 logo was emblazoned on both sides of the hallway, with everything lit up with fancy lights. The carpet was a thick layering of velvet, which was especially comforting for my feet. And the best part was the smooth jazz music playing the background with the wonderful smell of a new building bouncing around the air.

"We like to climax the environment so our employees get the best mood possible when working," Catherine said when she saw my comforted expression. "Of all people, I expect you to understand, considering the fact that you weren't in the best condition after your missions."

"Oh, yeah," I said. "I couldn't get the smell of lilacs and gunpowder off me for a week after Erica kis-"

"Erica what!?" Catherine said, springing in front of me and virtually blocking my path. Her face held a grin that could stretch across the world. Erica's expression turned from normal Ice Queen stare to a look that could kill.

 "You were saying- what did my daughter do to you?" Catherine said, playfully pushing Erica into a wall. Erica grimaced and walked in front of the group, not wanting to be part of this conversation.

This was followed by a wolfish grin from Mike and Jawa and Chip glowering in jealousy.

"She-I..." from the corner of my eye, I caught Erica's gaze at me with her well-known I will strangle you later expression, and with this, my mind sprang into evasive action. "As I was saying," I said, clearing my throat. "She kismetically defused the nuclear bomb."

Catherine rolled her eyes and pushed Erica in a motherly way. "You never told me about your first ki-"

"Do not say that word!" Erica said. "And I didn't ki-you know what Ben, and as he said, I kismetically defused the nuclear bomb. Now, this conversation is over, and this topic will never be mentioned again unless either of you has a death wish," she eyed us. "Especially you," she glared at me pointedly.

I made a mental note to stay away from Erica for the next week. Or a month. Also, make sure I lock my doors and windows each night. That woman could radiate an incredible amount of terror than she realized.

Catherine and Mike snickered. I tried to push this topic away, but it kept flying back to me. Erica kept throwing cold glares at my back, and I couldn't imagine what she had prepared for me.

I sighed. This tiny slip would come barreling back at me so many times- I swear, Mike's going to mention that moment every time I deny I like Erica.

"So, my little Romeo, how're you feeling?" Mike said, poking my back. "I know you and Erica had a special moment, and don't even try to deny that. I know you too well with your nonsense."

And it was at that moment- that exact moment, a grappling hook chose to fly in directly at me and take a direct on the top of my noggin. Before I could react, the world started spinning, and I could feel my consciousness slipping away into the shadows. It was only when I could utter out the words "you've got to be kidding me" that everything went completely black.

Great. Coma time again.