The Truth

"Wait...so you're aware of this CIA plan?" Mike said.

"Yes, I'm completely aware. And your kids are wrong. They aren't bombing the MI6, they're bombing a SPYDER headquarters next to the MI6."

A sigh of relief rippled through the room. And also some sighs coming from the hallway.

"Scram," Catherine said, opening the door and waving away students who were secretly spying on our conversation.

"Security here is murder," she said. "Private conversations are basically impossible to hold."

"Welcome to my world," I said. "I swear Erica has my room bugged-"

"We don't talk about that," Erica said. "Anyways, what about this bombing?"

And yet another dodge finessed by Erica. I can't argue though. It was pretty obvious that my room had at least two hidden microphones and a hidden camera. I shuddered at that thought. If she saw me when I came out of the showe- okay, let's not go there.

"We have discovered recently that SPYDER has established a headquarters near our main MI6 central. Due to this, the CIA planned this 'banquet' to cover up for the bombing."

"Wait, so this banquet wasn't meant to be actually made for the original reasons?"

"I'm afraid, no." Catherine said, pulling something out of her pocket. "This is the controller that is linked to all the bombs. For now, it is locked, though when the time comes, you and Erica will infiltrate their facility, make sure the bombs are in place, then press the button."

"Infiltrate?" Mike said. "Why can't I be with them?"

"Well- if you insist, then I will think about it. But for now, I'm following mission orders."

"In which we don't usually follow. I can count at least three times we've gone rogue-"

"That is true, but still... it'd be wise this time to stay in orders."

"Well, in that case, I'm probably not going to make it in either," Zoe pushed the door open and walked inside.

"Me neither," Jawa said, following her in.

"Me three," Chip said and walked in, then closed the door.

Catherine muttered something under her breath about people spying on our conversation then rubbed her temples. "I'll try my best to get you three in with Ben and Erica, but for now, we are strictly going with the flow."

Erica stood and walked out of the door, saying that she needed some fresh air to think about the mission and prepare. By "prepare," I assumed it was practicing hitting bulls-eye's with her feet while having a blindfold on.

Mike headed out and pulled Zoe with him, and I deduced that they were probably going to the ball together. It wasn't surprising, since that would be an efficient pair when undergoing the mission. They didn't have to go through the process of ditching their partner and causing suspicion, since they both already knew about this.

"So... we are a go on this?" I asked Catherine.

"I assume. Let operation Bomb the SPYDER commence!"