Jayden's Third POV not really 'yaay' anymore tho

Trixie had called it a 'secret hideout'.

That was an understatement.

A 'secret hideout' didn't have twelve pounds of heavily-packed explosives ready to ignite at any second. A 'secret hideout' also didn't have access to a thermonuclear bomb in case of emergencies and twenty cameras per square meter.

"A freaking thermonuclear bomb?!" I exclaimed in the car, where I had been upgraded to the shotgun seat. "Where did you get that? The black market?"

"Nope," Trixie said, hitting the gas as we neared a yellow light. "I illicitly acquired it through a fourteen-step process that includes breaking into the pentagon. Not much."

"Breaking into the pentagon is 'not much', you say? Who are you, James Bond?" I said, balancing my hot chocolate on my hand and taking a look out the window. Trixie scoffed at this remark.

"James Bond is pure debonair and no skill whatsoever," she declared, and before I could protest, she continued. "No skill, that is, if you compare him to me."

I crossed my arms and sighed. There was no point in arguing with this girl.

"We've arrived," Trixie said, suddenly hit the brakes, and we skidded to a stop directly next to the English Channel.

I tried not to look perplexed as I stepped out of the car, feeling the soft ocean breeze and flapping of the waves onto the beachside. "This is where your hideout is? Under the sand?"

Trixie climbed out and sat on the hood of the car next to me, tickling her bare feet in the sand. "Nope," she said. "It's out there-" she waved over to the mass of ocean ahead of us.

"You built a whole secret hideout underwater, complete with at least a few hundred security cameras, a complex self-destruct system, a thermonuclear bomb, and a few hundred pounds of explosives with your bare hands?" 

"Well, if you put it that way, no. The hideout was a gift from my grandmother," she said, placing her hand on mine and sending jolts of electricity through my bones. But another thought overcrowded this one in my mind. Erica had a grandmother?

Yeah, I know, I know. Duh she did, but still- I'd never heard of her, and seeing how she had such a high-tech hideout bunker, then she was probably one of the Hales that finessed at basically everything.

"Wait a minute- if it's so secretive, and you went so hard on making sure nobody went inside, then why are you just loosely telling me this information?" I pondered, looking at the clear blue sky and closing my eyes.

"Because I trust you," she said in a way that made my brain momentarily stop working. "Jayden, I've only spent a few hours with you, and I already can say that we probably would be incredible partners in the spying world. There are some characteristics about you that other people don't hold, and they could easily be compatible with mine. All you have to do is one simple thing."

"One simple thing," I repeated. "And what is this simple thing?"

Suddenly, Trixie pounced onto me, holding me in a headlock and stopping any air from virtually reaching my head. I choked, and Trixie calmly placed her mouth centimeters from my earlobe.

"If you speak one word of this- and by that, I mean any words, then Jayden, you will wish you never knew about me," she whispered into my ear. Then, with this, she let me go, leaving me sputtering from air in the sand.

"The-gasp-choking part was-gasp-unnecessary!" I panted, struggling to reach for air. "You could've easily-gasp-gotten the message through-gasp-without any violence!"