Transporting myself 10 miles in thirty minutes

They said it was impossible. They said it couldn't be done. They doubted me.

And they were right.

I couldn't hail a taxi, I couldn't run at Usain Bolt's top speed, and I couldn't hijack a car and take advantage of my Unlocking 101 class lessons. Great.

So I decided just to walk it out.

Yep, I walked for 3 hours. Straight. With no breaks and no water anyhow.

According to my mental statistics, if I walked at an average speed of 3.5 miles per hour, which is the average speed for an adult, I would only make it there in 2.85714286 hours. So I decided to round up and walk at exactly 3.33 miles per hour, resulting in me arriving in exactly three hours.
Erica, being Erica, just rolled her eyes when I had walked into her room two and a half hours after the meeting had started, waving me off and noting that Jayden would be staying with me in my room. I promptly tripped over my own feet and questioned my existence.

Jayden, who had set up his own man cave smack dab in the center of my dorm, virtually took up ninety percent of personal space. I swear he did this to annoy me. We weren't exactly on the best terms, as you probably knew by now.

My nose collided with the sickly smell of Starbucks Hot Chocolate the second I stepped in. I stumbled back into the hallway before I could get more of it and slammed the door.

"I am not staying with that dingus for the whole night," I muttered under my breath, walking over to Zoe's room. "I'd much rather crash the girl's night over than listen to his snores rattle my eardrums for ten hours."

Knocking on Zoe's door, there was no answer.

I resorted to picking the lock, but it turns out she wasn't in her dorm. Hm. Maybe she was still out with that other girl.

That left me with two options: Crash at Erica's dorm (0.1% chance success rate), or set up camp in the middle of the hallway, which I the others would probably not appreciate. Especially considering the fact that I slept only in my undies.

That meant that I was either going to have to sleep in Erica's closet, (which was the last-ditch choice. Sleeping with a girl who could probably kill me with a jerk of a fist was most definitely not on my bucket list.) or I was going to force a night with Jayden.

I decided to see if Erica was available first.

Walking over to her room, my knuckles barely grazed the wood of her door before she swung it open, narrowly missing my skull and almost knocking me over. I had already gotten used to this action by now, so I wasn't surprised when she pulled me in and slammed the door behind me.

"You're welcome to sleep here," she said when she made sure all the padlocks were locked tight. "But I'd recommend bringing an extra sleeping bag, because you are not sleeping on that bed with me."

I sighed in relief. Now I wouldn't have to face Jayden's wrath, and I got to spend the night with Ice Queen. It was a win-win.

"It's not a win-win," Erica said, reading my mind. "I'm only allowing you to sleep here tonight because I'm expecting an assassin. Tomorrow you'll be back with Jayden again."

"Assassin!?" I said. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"Because you would most likely panic. And tell everybody else. Then the word will get out that we know about the assassin, and they'll make another plan that I won't have time to figure out."

"Well... I guess," I said, walking out to Jayden's room to pick up my stuff. Hopefully, I could hold my breath for long enough.

I barged in, preparing to stop breathing, but before I could, my nose caught the scent of... was that Chinese food?

Turning my head over to Jayden, I saw him munching on a box of fried rice. He gestured to another box, which had my name labeled on it.

"Bought one for you," he said with a mouth full of rice. "The three-hour walk probably made you hungry."

It certainly did. So I dug in gratefully, struggling to hold chopsticks. Don't blame me, Chinese food was good, but I hated maneuvering the two thin bamboo sticks between my fingers.