Erica's Childhood Friend

Cly: EvilClyde

James: Berica4life(lemilkafficianado)

                                                                       --STORY BEGIN--

"Cly?" Erica whispered, stopping in her tracks. "Wha- where-how-"

The person who Erica called "Cly" nodded, inspecting her and me. 

"Yep, it's me," Cly said, nodding. "You've changed a lot since last I saw you."

"That was when I was seven years old!" Erica complained. "You're memory from at least eight years ago is irrelevant!"

"Guys, why am I more confused than I should be right now?" I said, stepping in between them.

Cly stepped in with a let me explain this look. "I'm Erica's childhood friend. We were next-door neighbors back then."

"Erica had a childhood friend?" I exclaimed, smiling. "I never even knew she had friends, first of all. But a childhood friend? This is a major scientific breakthrough!"

"I still remember those days," Cly said, looking up at the ceiling with a wandering look. "Although, it was quite odd how Erica always wanted to play Spy Agents outside. Every single time, no matter how hard I tried, she would manage to somehow sneak up on me and put me into a chokehold. I have to say, that was a bit violent of us."

Erica laughed nervously, trying to get herself out of the situation. "Yeah, about that, Cly, me and Jayden here really need to watch the movie, so why don't we just move along?" she gave me the please help me look, and I nodded along.

"So who's this?" Cly said, inspecting me again. "Your boyfriend? I gotta say, he's really out of your league."

"No!" Erica said, getting even more frustrated. "Why does everybody think that?!"

"Because you two are going to a movie together," the other boy noted. "But the real reason for this is because you need to get a lead on SPYDER."

Erica literally fell off from her feet. "How do you know this!?!" she hissed, leaning into the other boy's face.

"First, before you ask me anything, let me make something clear: don't try to deny anything. I'm Jonas's brother, so you don't have to hide anything from m-"

Erica suddenly put her hand around the boy's neck, tightening her grip and glaring intensely. "You are Jonas's brother, you say? I think we've caught a SPYDER agent in our eyesight."

"Wait!" the boy wheezed, somehow managing to escape Erica's chokehold. He had his brother's skills- being very athletic, particularly handsome, and being able to manage to catch Erica in a weak moment.

"I'm not working for SPYDER!" he said, backing away. "I know my brother is, but I don't like working for the evil! Look, I even donated to charity yesterday!" he pulled out a sticker that read 'I saved 3.45 square meters of rainforest today!'

Erica raised her eyebrow, unimpressed. She grabbed both boys by the neck and dragged them out of the ticket booth towards the movie theatre. 

"We need to talk, ASAP," she said. I didn't like the look of the glint in her eye as she set them down on the marbled floor.

"First of all, before you two say anything, I'd like to make something clear: I can tell if you're lying or not. Don't try to fake anything when I'm here."

"Wait- I'm so confused!" Cly said. "What's SPYDER? And who's Jonas?"

"That's a talk for later, Cly," Erica said gently. "Anyways, you-" she pulled Jonas's brother by the scruff of his neck. "-I know you're not lying about the fact that you don't work for SPYDER, but I need you to tell me everything you know about them. Right now."

"Ummmm, can I at least introduce myself first?" he said, managing to escape Erica's vice-like grip once again.

"Sure- just make sure you tell us everything you know about them," Erica said. "If you leave anything out, be aware that I can render you unconscious within two seconds."

The boy gulped. "Okay- my name is James, I'm fifteen, which is the same age as Cly over here, and I have no idea who this kid is." 

He pointed at me. I didn't know either to be surprised or fascinated- someone in the spying industry that didn't know who I was? This was a major historical breakthrough!

Erica sighed. "Anything more that you can tell us about your brother?"

"Anything other than the fact that you think he's cute? I don't really kno-"

Erica backhanded James a few feet across the movie theater, sending his body painfully hitting the ground right behind me. 

"I do not," she hissed. "Think your idiot of a brother is cute. And that is that."

I swear I heard James whisper "You keep telling yourself that," ever so slightly. Somehow, he managed to finesse this remark that Erica didn't hear it. Yet another trait probably carried on from his brother.

"I'm still confused as heck," Cly said. "Jayden, you got anything you can tell me? Your girlfriend over here isn't talking."

Erica looked like she wanted to slap him, but she had a soft side for him. Seeing he was her childhood friend, it seemed like Erica refrained from causing him most types of bodily harm.

"Well," I said, shooting Erica a should I tell him? Look. "We've already revealed enough already, but all I can say is that we're not your average joe."

"Just cut to the chase and tell him, Jayden," Erica said, sighing. "There's nothing much we can hold back now that he's on our tail."

"Okay- we're spies for the CIA. And we're training in an Academy, preparing to serve the nation in any state of emergency. In this case, we're in London, facing off against an enemy organization called SPYDER that's trying to destroy the world for some money."

"That's a lot to take in," Cly said as I took a deep breath. "And why are they called SPYDER?"

"I don't know for sure," I said. "Though mainly I think it's to make it sound cool."

"Also- weird question, but is Jayden your boyfriend?" James said, looking between us.

"NO!" we both said at the same time, stopping abruptly when we realized we thought the same way.

"Well, that's good news," James said. "I'll tell my brother that Erica's still available." He winked.

"Hold up- Jonas has a crush on Erica?" I exclaimed, unable to hold in my surprise. "That's such a perfect couple!"

"Shut up or I will permanently dislodge your spleen," Erica said calmly. "This is yet another reason why I'd prefer Ben over you."

"Ben's her boyfriend, not me," I couldn't help saying. Well, at least I knew Cly and James would make a field day over this comment. It was probably worth it, well, until Erica started strangling me, or course.

"What did we even come here for in the first place?" I said to Erica. "Did SPYDER hide some kind of information in here?"

"You've guessed it," Erica whispered to me, since people were starting to arrive inside the theater. "Though I don't know where the hidden object is. Apparently, it's supposed to be a key part of their upcoming plans."

Suddenly, the theater doors burst open unexpectedly, slamming onto the wall a little too hard for my ears.

I spun around along with the rest of the gang, finally laying my eyes on the least expected person that I'd ever guessed it to be.

"Good work, James!" Joshua chimed, followed by four hulking masses of bodyguards. "You've led us directly to our victims! Good luck escaping, Erica and Jayden, because this is going to be the last day of your life!"