The Final Battle

And so it began.

Man against man, or women against man. However you wanted to call it, there was only one word that would describe the action: chaos.

Erica, who would usually take the hardest opponent first, decided that she wanted to once again challenge Joshua at a fight. The night before, the battle hadn't been settled yet, after all. Our gang had run away before a winner could be declared, thanks to Cly's brilliant plan of blowing the lights.

James took his brother, as usual. And Cly, me, and Zoe? We dealt with the rest.

The normal henchmen were an easy bunch. But Dane? Man, that guy was harder to kill than.... wait, scratch that. He was so hard to kill that there literally wasn't anybody that could compare to him. Let's just say that he was so unkillable that he created his own league.

Anyways, In the last chapter, I had mentioned that there was a pile of explosives that could light up at any moment. I didn't give you guys any background information about it, so here it is:

The device that Erica found turned out to be a direct link to a mass pile of explosives, which were currently placed inside SPYDER's headquarters. The only reason we didn't let the explosives go yet was that we were still in the building, and Erica wasn't the type to kill a lot of people- just the especially evil ones.

As the battle proceeded, ups and downs were met with other ups and downs. Erica and James fought like true warriors, and we fought like true wimps. Dane completely demolished us in the fighting at first, though soon enough, we managed to get some kind of hold.

As the henchmen fell, Dane began to get weaker. We had gone with a simple battle strategy: dive and hit. Since Dane was relatively slow and big, we easily used his size as an advantage and scored some quick and easy hits. We would easily distract him, sneak in behind him, and quickly give him a good knock on the back of the head.

We were winning, but there was a problem: This was SPYDER's headquarters. They had an infinite amount of backup- at least that's what it looked like. The enemies just kept coming and coming!

Soon enough, we were facing a whole entire army, led by Joshua. Jonas had been knocked out by James, who was smiling cruelly and completely satisfied with the fact that his brother was unconscious. Dane was still alive, being Dane, along with the hundreds of other enemy agents.

I examined the army. There was no way that we would be able to take out it by ourselves, which meant, unfortunately, that we had lost the battle. And Erica refused to set off the bomb and mass kill them, being the type of girl she was.

So we were facing an army of enemies that we couldn't possibly defeat. Hundreds of henchmen, employees, workers, teachers, and brainwashed people stood within their ranks, preparing to tear us apart by hand if given the command.

We were basically doomed, another way to say it. We had no hope.

The SPYDER Agents started surrounding us, weapons bristling within their ranks. Joshua smiled evilly as they slowly closed the distance between their weapons and our faces, and the fact that we were all going to die was finally sinking in.

Ohnonononononononono, I thought. Please, whatever god that's out there, give me some kind of miracle, I need to live longer, I'm too young to die, and if we fight we're just going to be running into suicide, please, please, pleaplsplpelapslpelaplsplspalspsapl-

My thoughts were struck to a stop when a familiar battle cry pierced through the air. I was still in a daze, so my vision was swimming when I looked from where the sound came from behind us.