Chapter 12 - Visit to Tokyo

Tokyo Prefecture

You adjust your red scarf, covering your chin. The sun had just risen, causing the chilly air to brush past your face as you make your way along the sidewalk.

"You cold?" Oikawa asks from your left, blinking over at you whilst his chin is tucked in his own navy blue scarf.

You yawn, waving your hand around absentmindedly at the question. "I'm a little tired, the train ride here made me sleepy."

Oikawa raised a brow, amusement sketched into his eyes. "Why didn't you sleep on the train then?"

"Because you feel asleep, if I didn't stay awake we'd miss the stop." You let out a pout and continued walking. "Next time I'll pinch you until you wake up." You declared, causing Oikawa to flounder.

"Eh?! I need my beauty rest though!" You gave him a deadpan expression. "Besides, y/n-chan, you were the one who woke me up at five am with no explanation and told me to come with you to Tokyo!"

Okay, fair enough.

"I have a good reason though. Iwaizumi's over visiting his grandparents and I need someone here to make sure I don't get kidnapped."

Oikawa grunts, obviously accustomed to your weird reasonings. "Why did you want to go to Tokyo anyways? School's over so I'd thought you'd use that time hiding in your room."

"I don't just hide in my room!" Ignoring his expression of 'yes you do,' you continue, "We're going to watch a volleyball match."

"Hm? A volleyball match?" You nod your head in confirmation. "Isn't school over? Why would there by a match on break? And why is it so early in the morning? And how-"

"Wait wait wait." You interrupt Oikawa, covering his mouth with one of your hands before sighing. "One question at a time, I can't understand you." Oikawa nods and the two of you continue walking.

"Isn't it break? Matches aren't held when school is over."

"Ah, well the high school we're going to has gym access over break so they decided to invite another school over to hold a practice match, so it's not an official game."

Sunlight reflects off of a store window to your right, causing Oikawa to squint. "Does that mean that this school is crazy enough to hold a practice game at seven in the morning?"

"Actually, it's at nine."

"Wha- then- it's seven am!" Oikawa looks as though he is trying to work out a math problem, causing you to laugh at his confusion. "Stop laughing! Why did you wake me up at five for a game at nine?!"

"Ah, because we're probably going to get lost."

Oikawa sighs, pulling his lips into a pout.

"Why are you pouting, Tooru? I gave you plenty of time to apply your makeup and twenty hair products!" It took him an hour to get ready, you weren't sure how he ever got to school on time.

"I thought you'd ask me to go to a cafe with you or something. Not watch a volleyball game." Oikawa was still pouting childishly, kind of cute to be honest.

"Oh? Did you want me to ask you out on a date?" You smirk at him mischievously.

"I just-" Oikawa blushes a bright shade of pink and you immediately start laughing.

"Pffft- you get embarrassed so easily, Tooru!"

Oikawa turns away, the tips of his ears still red from embarrassment.

"Tooru~ I wonder how you're able to talk to girls if you become a mess like this." You laugh as he continues to pout. "Well, we can go to a cafe some other time."

Oikawa brightens instantly, "Really?!" then he narrows his eyes as if assessing if you were tricking him. "You can't take it back."

"Of course of course! I like spending time with you, you are my best friend after all."

For some reason, his mood seems to plummet, and his depressed aura was basically visible. Did I say something wrong?

"Why are we going to see this match anyways? Do you know someone from the team?" Oikawa asks, clearly changing the topic.

You hum in response, "I do." Oikawa's obvious curiosity caused you to smirk. "My cousin,"

The two of you turn the corner, now in front of a high school. A sign with words Fukurōdani High at the entrance.

"Bokuto Koutarou."

A/N: Sorry this is late! I don't have a firm plot to go off of so chapters will be updated whenever I get inspiration.