Chapter 19 - Second Year

Your House Lol

Today's the first day of your second year in high school.

You examined yourself in your bathroom mirror, straightening your uniform and adjusting your tie.

"Y/n-chan!! Hurry up!" You hear Oikawa call from outside.

"I'm coming!" Walking quickly out of the bathroom, you grab your things needed for school, making sure to double check your phone in your bag before opening the door.

"Y/n-channn!" Oikawa whines as you make your way towards him and Iwaizumi. "You took so long~ I thought you died in there!"

Iwaizumi rolls his eyes at Oikawa, wacking him in the back of his head. "Kusokawa! As if you're any different!"

Oikawa pouts, "So mean Iwa-chan!"

Iwaizumi ignores him, glancing over his shoulder at you. "Come on, y/n, or else we'll be late for school."

"Coming~!" You call, skipping over to your two friends.

The conversation to school consisted mostly of volleyball, not that there was much new to talk about.

"How are you feeling about being captain now, Tooru?" You ask, glancing over the brunette who closes his eyes and looks up haughtily.

"I will lead the team to victory!" He states, hands on his hips. "Of course someone as great as me is the captain-"

"Forget I asked." You cut him off quickly, causing him to whine, something about Iwaizumi being a bad influence on your poor soul.

"Since's it's the first day of school, we're going to meet the new first years for club." Iwaizumi tells you.

"They're probably going to be from Kitagawa, right?" Iwaizumi nods again, and you hum in response. "I wonder who'll show up-"

"AH- OIKAWA-SAN!"

"IWAIZUMI-SAN AND Y/N-SAMA ARE WITH HIM!"

"SO DREAMY!"

"Y/N-SAMA MARRY ME!"

Oh wow, fangirls sure are loud. It wasn't something you completely enjoyed everyday, a horde of girls screaming your name. Well at least they were supportive...?

Oikawa flashed the girls a smile and a wave, you're pretty sure you saw one of them faint.

"Oi! Crappykawa! Stop getting so caught up with your fangirls or you'll be late!" Iwaizumi reminds the other third year, dragging him by the collar before he could get swarmed.

You quickly follow the two into the school.

—————

You scan the new members of the volleyball club, they were standing in a line while Oikawa and the coaches were talking to them.

You stood next to Yahaba and Watari, since the three of you were second years. Kyoutani still hasn't shown up, but it wasn't like anyone was surprised.

The first day of school went by uneventfully, so now it was time for clubs, and time to see the new first years.

As you let your gaze drift over the individual first years, you recognize them from Kitagawa Daichi, since you always hung out with Oikawa you've come to recognize the previous members of the Junior High club.

There was one absence though, which you honestly expected him to be here, since his talent should have gotten him into the school.

"Where's Kageyama-kun?" You whisper to Watari on your left, careful not to let anyone overhear.

Watari looks at you conflicted for a moment before whispering back, "I don't think he got accepted, I overheard the coaches talk something about how he doesn't play well with the team."

You didn't know Kageyama, neither did Kageyama know you, but you have been a victim to Oikawa's three am ranting about how Kageyama was stealing his spotlight, so you more or less knew about the young setter.

"How do you know Kageyama anyways?" Watari asks, confusion written all over his face, "I never saw you in the Junior High team..."

"Haha, well you know Tooru. I've known him since childhood so he'd always call and tell me about volleyball." You explain, barely registering the fact you were avoiding eye contact.

Thankfully Watari seems to accept the answer. "What team do you think Kageyama got on anyways? He wasn't the type to just give up on volleyball."

"Who knows, I wonder if we'll play against him."