Finally

Zak knocked on my front door just as I was preparing to leave for school. Me and my father said goodbye to each other and I walked out the door with Zak, both of us seeming slightly awkward as we walked down to the sidewalk.

"So how's being a superhero?" I asked solemnly, still staring at the ground with my hands in my pockets.

Zak stuttered a bit in surprise before responding, "I don't know what you mean bro."

"Zak, drop the act," I said, glancing at him for a second and back to the ground. "I know you're Skeppy."

"Well I know that you're BadBoyHalo!" he countered, trying to be intimidating and glaring at me from the side.

"Well I'm not surprised," I stated with a small laugh. "The time we spent last night on the roof together kinda gave everything away."

"Wait..." Zak whispered, stopping in his tracks. "If you're Bad..." he said, lifting a finger. "Then I just...confessed..."

His face fell as his eyes widened in realization and his face turning red with embarrassment. His knees buckled beneath him and I rushed to help, but a crystal sphere had surrounded him.

"Zak? Zak!" I called into the half-circle on the ground, banging on the side.

"Leave me alone!" a muffled voice yelled back. "Let me wallow in shame!"

"Zak I'm not leaving you here alone even makes me late," I told him stubbornly.

A hole opened in the crystal wall in my direction to show Zak glaring at me, but the gaze softened after moments as he saw my face and how stubborn I was.

"You're cute when you're angry," Zak stated smiling. "Just wanted you to know that."

My gaze relaxed as the crystals came down from around Zak and I did a small cheer as he stood up with my help.

"Why are you cheering?" Zak asked when we started walking again.

"Because I knew you couldn't say no to my cute face," I said, smirking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Zak POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had already dawned on me that I had confessed my love to my crush by accident, but it quickly went away as I realized that he loved me back. The silence between us as we walked gave me time to think it over, and a permanent smile came to my face.

Darryl loves me back, right? I asked myself. Right. Or else he would've said something against it.

But he did run away when you confessed, a negative part of my mind said.

He was just surprised. That's all, I told the negative thought, making it go away.

"Zak? You okay you muffin?" Darryl asked, noticing I had slowed down and was falling behind.

"Do you love me?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Of course I love you, you muffin- head. Why wouldn't I?" Darryl said to me, smiling.

"No but like... more than just friends," I stammered, holding my hands out slightly in a gesture.

"Of course," Darryl said quieter before holding my hand and pulling me into a hug. "You're my little muffin."

I pulled Darryl closer to me and buried my head in his chest, sighing softly in comfort as I clutched his jacket. I felt safe and warm in his arms, almost giddy. I wanted to laugh in happiness, cry in relief, but also stay silent to hold this moment forever.

Darryl pushed me out of the hug slightly and looked at me, us staring at each other, when Darryl cupped my cheek. I leaned into it, closing my eyes a bit and holding his hand close with mine.

The question was silent and so was the answer, but the consent was clear.

Darryl lifted my chin slightly and our eyes slipped closed as our faces leaned closer and closer together.

602 words

This one was just a tad bit longer, but I hope the ending made up for it :3 Plz don't kill me because it ended right before the big moment '^' Two chapters in one night, one with Skephalo fluff, it should make up for the two short chapters.

Constructive criticism and suggestions here!

Hope you enjoyed!

~CardCatCardboard