The Voice

(Green Guardians won MCC so here's a chapter)

"Dream!" I heard faintly for the fifth time in the past 10 minutes.

There's no way I'm insane, I told myself. I've heard that voice way too many times for it to just be in my head.

And plus, I thought. It sounds way too familiar.

"Who are you?" I decided to yell out, hoping nobody else would hear me.

"Dream!" I heard again from the hallway to my right.

I ran down it and stopped when I hit a dead end, the hall splitting left and right.

"Dream!" the voice yelled from the left, louder this time.

I went down that way and came to a cluster of cells that I had never seen before. A few years ago Elina taught me this place inside and out so that I would always know where to go. But this cluster of cells, this entire hallway, was unknown to me.

"Dream!" the voice called out again.

I pin- pointed the cell the shouts had been coming from and looked into it, my eyes widening at who was inside.

I've gone insane, I told myself. I'm crazy. I'm seeing things. I'm hearing things.

"You're dead..." I whispered.

His head whipped around to face me, his face going into one of tremendous surprise.

I opened the door and ran to him, sliding to my knees and enveloping him in a hug. I tore off my mask and buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"Clay..." he whispered back.

"Mathias I'm so sorry," I sobbed softly. "I thought you were dead."

"I messed up those years ago and almost got you killed," I cried into his shoulder, still hugging him tightly. "I've missed you so much."

Mathias couldn't hug back, so he just leaned his head onto my shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~3rd POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I messed up, and I almost got you killed, and I missed you, I thought you were dead, and there's so much-" Clay rambled.

"But I'm here now," Mathias said in Clay's ear, cutting him off. "And I missed you too."

Clay finally let go of Mathias, leaning back while keeping two hands on his shoulders, and just stared at Mathias.

Clay searched his eyes for some sort of hate, resentment, some negative emotion towards Clay, but he didn't find any.

All he saw in Mathias' eyes was relief and happiness.

"Aren't you... mad at me?" Clay asked.

"I thought I would be too, but your welcome pretty much threw all my anger out the window," Mathias answered with a smile.

Clay almost started crying again, but he wiped his tears away and hugged Mathias again.

"Let me get you out of your cuffs," Clay said, moving behind Mathias and unlocking them.

Once Mathias felt that his hands were free, he turned and toppled Clay over into a hug. Clay hugged back, and they stayed like that for a bit, just enjoying each other's company.

Mathias was the one who broke the hug, sitting up and allowing Clay to do the same, when he looked at Clay playfully.

"So did you and George ever actually get together?" he asked Clay, to which Clay just rolled his eyes.

"I know he does, he just has yet to say 'I love you' for some reason," Clay responded.

"And what about Zak and Darryl?" Mathias continued.

"They..." Clay paused, unsure of how to respond with anything but the truth. "They're here too."

"What?" Mathias questioned.

"They were some other experiments of my mother's and they were found and captured a week ago," Clay explained.

"But they did get together!" Clay said in a weak attempt to lighten the mood.

"Oh they're gay, so exciting," someone said from behind the two.

They looked at the door and their eyes narrowed at who was there.

"I see you found my little hidden prisoner," Elina said with a wide grin.

608 words

It's short, but y'know. Some people wanted him back, and I had the perfect place to put him :> Dream and Mathias are not gay for each other, btw, just friends who love each other in a platonic way.

Constructive Criticism Here!

~CardCatCardboard

(p.s. About the tea party, organize that here. I'll make a comment and everyone will be there who wants to be there. Bring your own stuff, get dressed nicely, I'll bring the tea :])