The Past

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ uwu flashback ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(they're three)

Vincent was lying on top of Skeppy's legs, the latter having his head on Bad's stomach, all three sleeping on the wooden ground with just three pillows for comfort.

The other three children, Dream, SapNap, and NotFound, were in a similar position across the room.

The six were sleeping peacefully when Vincent was awoken by soft pokes in his side. He woke up groggily and looked to see the familiar face of his other guardian, Kason, looking at him with warning eyes.

"We're going somewhere Vince," Kason whispered. "You gotta help me wake up the other kids."

Vincent nodded slowly, sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He shook Skeppy and Bad awake and stumbled to a standing position.

"Wake up," he whispered in their ears when they didn't respond.

They were up in a matter of minutes after being told, having learned while there that nothing good came from staying idle and asleep.

Kason told them that it was a game of Hide-n'-Seek with 'Momma', and that they were tasked with getting out.

It was all fun and games until Bad made a loud peep of fright from the shadows and 'momma' came down the hallway. She had some wort of silver stick or rock in her hand that made a clicking sound when she swiped it.

She lifted the silver stick and pointed it at Kason, the stick making a loud noise that echoed through the halls.

Kason fell to the ground and 'Momma' came running over, trying to hold the six toddlers close, but Skeppy, Bad, and Vincent stayed by Kason's side.

"What happened to Daddy?" Bad sobbed when Kason wouldn't get up, holding as much of Kason's shirt as he could in his small fists.

"We have to go," she stated, trying to pull them away again.

Bad held on close to Kason though, strong enough that more blood started seeping through the shirt he wore.

But the bleeding stopped the longer Bad held on, and the one they called 'momma' looked on in anger and confusion, having thought that the child didn't know how to use his abilities.

Everyone was startled, even Bad, when Kason awoke with a gulp of air. But the three children closest to him tackled Kason in glee at his awakening.

Kason was in a shocked state, but he recovered enough from it to hug the toddlers back. They sat in an embrace, the other three getting out of her grasp and joining them, for a few minutes as Kason calmed down and was brought back to his senses.

"I'm taking them away from this place," Kason stated, standing like nothing had happened. "Away from this- this hell-hole."

"Even if you do, I will find a way to get more soldiers to finalize and run my plan," she growled back.

Kason's face turned to a snarl, but it went away swiftly as he leaned down to whisper in Skeppy's ear a plan that the three-year-old would understand.

Skeppy nodded his little head, his fluffy hair bouncing, and a small smile on his face.

"Muffin," Kason said after a few moments, ready to grab the kids and run.

Skeppy giggled as he held out his hands and crystalized 'momma's feet. Making them heavy and hard to walk, let alone run, with.

Kason grabbed the three smallest kids and held them however he could. Bad on his back, George on his shoulders, and Skeppy in his arms. He knew that Dream, SapNap, and Vincent were strong and smart enough to run with him, so he ran as fast as he could with the small children on him.

The unexpected movement disturbed Skeppy, so the crystals disappeared, allowing her to run and catch up.

She pulled George off Kason's shoulders, dropped him on the ground to daze him, and yanked Dream and SapNap by their arms, wrapping them in a bear hug to prevent escape.

Dream and SapNap kicked and screamed after Kason, and Vincent's run faltered, looking back towards them. Through heartbreak, Vincent went with Kason and left the other three behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Past Timeskip (Vincent POV) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The four of us went in a car to some place. Dad stopped the car in front of a house and said that me and Bad would never see Skeppy again for a very long time.

I tried to ask why, but Dad said he'd tell me when I was older.

So me and Bad said goodbye to Skeppy and Dad gave him to a kind lady inside the house, leaving Skeppy and coming back to the car.

Then we drove a bit and the same thing happened between me and Bad. Bad was dropped off at a house and me and Dad drove away.

"Where are we going?" I asked from my carseat in the back.

"We're going to your new home," Dad said.

"Am I gonna live with you?" I asked.

"Yes," Dad answered. "And I'm gonna teach you how to fight and use your cool powers."

843 words

uwu flashbacks, and a rat of a short chapter >:/

Only a few more chapters to go before it's over ;)

Speaking of the ending. Go. Vote. On my poll in my two most recent community posts so that I know what story is gonna be next! (I'll also put it in the comments here)

Constructive Criticism Here! 

~CardCatCardboard