Bonus Scene!- This Year's Picture

Zak and Darryl lay on his bed, Zak's head buried in Darryl's chest, and Darryl's arms tightly wrapped around Zak.

Zak had woken a few minutes prior, but didn't want to move from his spot in Darryl's arms, wanting to stay like this all day.

He groggily opened his eyes and looked at the clock behind Darryl, reading 11:12 am.

"Darryylllll," Zak whispered, poking Darryl's side to wake him. "It's that day agaiinn."

"Already?" Darryl mumbled, yawning. "That was fast."

Zak got out of bed, helping Darryl up and pecking him on the cheek. They got dressed, grabbing a quick thing to eat before going on their way to the park.

"Wait-" Zak said as they walked out the door before turning and sprinting back inside.

He ran into his room and grabbed the camera that sat in his box, only used once a year.

"Okay, now let's go," he told Darryl, grabbing his hand and pulling Darryl along to the park.

They stood in a spot close to where they thought the original picture was taken.

"We should change it up a bit," Darryl suggested. "Y'know, to show that we're together now."

"I have an idea," Zak told him.

"Oh?"

Zak leaned over and pressed a kiss to Darryl's face, taking the picture while they were both smiling.

"It's perfect!" Zak exclaimed, looking at the picture.

"I love it," Darryl agreed.

"Maybe in three years there'll be some rings to show?" Zak joked.

Darryl giggled, responding, "Maybe, you muffin."

When they walked back home, Zak jumped onto his computer and put the picture in a folder with the other six from previous years, labeling it 'Saturday, August 20th, 2016- Boyfriends ;)'.

"We're gonna look back at these pictures in like, 20 years when we're married and be like, 'Wow. Remember when we were kidnapped?'" Darryl said over Zak's shoulder.

Zak froze for a moment, turning and hitting Darryl softly on the arm.

"Sorry," Darryl apologized, having forgotten how sensitive Zak was to those memories.

"It's okay," Zak told him. "People forget things."

"Let's just be thankful we could be here for this year's picture," Darryl said, setting his chin on the top of Zak's head.

343 words

I have a discord server now! It's on the most recent community post I made! :D I've never made a server before, so please tell me if it doesn't work so I can fix it ._.

~CardCatCardboard