1

BAM!

A hand slammed down on the desk in front of me. I jolted awake, wiping off the drool from my face.

I slowly looked up, hoping it wasn't who I thought it was. Of course, with my luck, it was exactly who I didn't want to see.

My teacher, Mrs.Williams.

"Nice to see that you have joined us, Ms.Lopez. Now tell me, what was I just talking about?"

I stared at her, contemplating my words, before going,

"I have no idea. It's not like I'll ever need to prove why a Dorito is triangle shaped in the real world."

She gasped at me in horror before yelling, "DETENTION MS.LOPEZ."

Oh shit. The amount of crap I was going to be in when I got home.

*Time Skip to after detention*

It was around 5:00 now, which meant that I was already an hour late to getting home. Not that I minded because I lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment that was literally falling apart.

"Yippee," I thought sarcastically. "I can't wait to see what Gabriel does to me today."

Just as I walked inside my house, I was slammed against the wall.

"Now, where were you, Emma?"

I looked into Gabriel's shit colored eyes and slowly said,

"I was helping my teachers after school."

I carefully picked out my words, hoping that he wouldn't see the lie that they were hiding.

"BULLSHIT," he yelled, sending his spit that reeked of alcohol and old food onto my face. I cringed in disgust.

That turned out to be a mistake.

He slowly let me off of the wall, all while chuckling to himself, "Oooh, I'm gonna have fun today. First, lying, then saying I'm disgusting. Wrong move bitch."

"I-" that was all that I got out before I was cut off with a kick to the stomach.

After a good 30 minutes of just kicking and punching, Gabriel decided that he had enough and left to go to the bar, leaving me curled up on the ground.

Knowing that he usually stays at the bar for anywhere from 2-3 hours. I slowly got up and limped over to our first aid kit. I had barely convinced him to get one, so I only use it when he really messes me up, like today.

I fixed myself up and went to my bed, hoping that he would just pass out when he got back, so no further harm could be caused.

*Next Morning*

I got up and groaned in pain. Every part of my body hurt, more specifically, my stomach and ribs. I went to my mirror to assess the damage and hissed in surprise.

It may have only been a couple of hours, but they were already turning into a rainbow of colors, ranging from dark black to sickly green patches on my ribs.

I popped a handful of painkillers and continued on with my day, trying to ignore the everlasting pain in my ribs.

*At School Now*

I walked into my first-period class, ready for my favorite subject, science.

Instead of the familiar grin, I was used to, my science teacher, Mrs.Stevens, greeted me with a tight-lipped smile.

"Hi Emma, may I speak to you outside?"

"Of course, what about?" I replied back

She just nodded her head and led me out into the hall.