Making Things Right

"Adora! Keep it in your pants!" Catra giggled as Adora wrapped her muscular arms around her wife from behind. "What, I can't love on my wife?" Adora complained before she twirled around the feline. As they danced that same dance they did all those years ago they stared into each other's eyes. This was a moment for creating newer and happier memories. Adora lifted her wife into the air, impressing almost everyone who was looking in the room with her strength. Their favorite part was coming up, the dip. Catra pressed close, "I think you'll have to be the one to dip me this time. I'm too fat to dip you." Catra sighed as she looked down at her swollen belly but her face was tilted up to look at a very very beautiful blonde. "You're beautiful, very beautiful." Adora said quietly into her cat ears. Catra let out a short purr before she was placed in the dipping position with Adora's lips against hers and it was at this moment that Catra knew she couldn't ask for anything better than that moment. "Hey guys! Glad you're enjoying it!" Bow said as he walked up to them after Adora tugged Catra up to a standing position. He was followed by Glimmer who held a red solo cup with a tired look on her face, "You okay there Sparkles? I think you may have had one too many drinks." Catra mused but was met with an angry and bitter scowl. "Fuck off." Was all Glimmer said before stomping off. Adora turned to Catra then to Bow, she stopped the man from following, "I'll get this one this time." Was all the blonde said before dashing off. Bow stood there with a hand on his hip, "Hey...I know this is sudden but I think I know why Glimmer's been really snappy lately." Catra admitted as they stood there with cups in their hands. Bow cocked a brow, "She's only ever been snappy around you and Adora." Catra's eyes widened, "O-oh! My bad I meant I think I know why she's so snappy around us! Adora and I..I mean." Bow just chuckled, "Yeah me too. You should talk to her you know?" Catra managed a nod as she looked up at the tall man.
     "Glimmer you have to talk to Catra to ease it a little bit. I know it's hard right now but I'm here for you, Bow's here for you!" Adora said as she let Glimmer lean on her shoulder as they sat. "I know but I can't help but be angry! I'll..I'll try to talk to her. No promises." Glimmer sighed as she leaned her head back against the wall, "I'm going to have the worst hangover of my life." She complained and took another sip of her drink to which Adora threw her head back in laughter. "Let's get back to the party?" Glimmer nodded and let Adora help her to stand before they began to walk back to the crowded area.
     The party had ended hours ago and the place was a huge mess. Bow and Adora had cleaned most of it while Catra lazed around and Glimmer sat groaning with a head splitting headache. "Hey come on, we can finish in the morning let's go to bed or something." Catra chirped as she stared at Adora who had her back turned to her while she cleaned. "You two go ahead I think I'll stay down here and clean." Adora replied and Bow hummed in agreement. Glimmer looked over to Catra who shrugged and stood up to head to her bedroom.
     "Hey....Catra?" Glimmer asked as they walked back to their respective rooms. The Magicat hummed in response, "W-why'd you do it?" Catra winced at this question because she immediately knew what the queen was talking about. "D-do what?" Catra tried to play the card where she acted oblivious. "Why do you pull the lever?!" Glimmer shouted as she began to cry. Catra's eyes welled up with tears. "This doesn't excuse my actions but maybe it'll help you understand better I guess." Catra inhaled a breath before continuing, "When I pulled that lever all I dreamt about was hurting Adora the way she hurt me. I didn't care what happened to anyone else, not even myself. When I heard Angella scarified herself instead of letting Adora do it I was happy I hurt her in some way." Catra explained, ears flattening when Glimmer glared and got ready to make a snarky remark but was interrupted by Catra continuing, "I was in a bad place when I pulled that lever. After awhile I began to realize what I had done. I regretted pulling the lever because it hurt Adora in a way I didn't understand because I didn't have that you know?" Catra's lower lip quivered as she sucked back a cry, "I didn't get the luxury of having parents and I took that away from you and I'm so so so sorry Glimmer." Catra began to sob and the short woman offered a shoulder to which Catra accepted. "I wish I could go back and take it all back but I can't and it hurts so much!" Glimmer rubbed Catra's arm as the feline let out all her sorrows. Then she pulled back sniffling but held a smile on her face, "Sometimes I remember it and all I want to do is...is die you know?" Catra shakily said as she wiped her nose on Glimmer's sleeve as discreetly as possible. "But then I remember that I have things now. I have my wife, I have you and Bow, and now..." Catra trailer off but they both knew what she was going to say. "I have this baby. Melog went back to their planet but I have them too." They both shared a light hearted laugh before standing up again. "See you tomorrow Sparkles." Catra gave her signature smirk before going to walk off but was stopped by an unknown force. The brunette turned to look at the short woman walking away, "I'm sorry Glim." Catra called out and was surprised when Glimmer answered. "I'm glad we made things all chill between us!" Glimmer called back before they hushed up and went to their separate rooms.