Protective

It wasn't often that Adora got overly protective of her wife, she knew that Catra could handle herself though on the other hand Catra was heavily pregnant and the baby is due in less than a week. Adora was almost always by her side making sure she was okay and that she had everything she needed. Catra would say she got annoyed by the blonde's antics but deep down they both knew she found them sweet. They were out for a slow and careful stroll on a nice sunny day, stopping often to let Catra rest and to let Adora doubt that maybe it was a bad idea coming out when her wife is due in a few days. "Maybe we should go back, you're due in a few days." Adora fretted but Catra held up a shaky hand, "Adora I am fine. I'm just a pregnant wife who needs her rest." Adora frowned and furrowed her brow but Catra beckoned her down and kissed away the frown and furrowed brows, "Lets continue shall we?" Adora gave a small, lopsided smile, "After you m'lady." Adora held out her hand in a bowing position to which Catra took hold of to get up. They lightly laughed and made it to one of the outskirt towns. It was a small town, not too loud and not too quiet.
     "Adora, how does this one look?" Catra asked and by the tone of her voice Adora could tell her wife was extremely nervous and shy about showing her wife what she was wearing. Adora heard Catra walk out of the changing rooms and turned to look at her wife and boy when she saw her. Adora's eyes roamed up and down the body of Catra and she dropped everything she was holding. "I- uhm...y-you don't like it..?" Catra stuttered as she turned a little bit to the right then to the left as she checked herself out. Adora couldn't form words her mouth had just stopped working at the mere sight of her beautiful wife, so instead she shook her head and picked up her things before walking over to her wife, "N-no! No, no you're...stars Catra you're so beautiful." Adora said in the softest tone and Catra immediately blushed before looking away. The Magicat had been wearing a gentle pink dress with strawberries decorating it in a lovely pattern, she also had been wearing a sun hat to go with. "I'll buy them." Adora murmured as she pressed a kiss to her wife's cheek.
     As they walked around with their bags, Adora carrying all the bags of course, they were met with a large crowd. "Woah a Magicat! I haven't seen one in- in so- I haven't seen one ever!" Someone stuttered and Catra pushed herself tightly against Adora's arms before letting out a pathetic squeak as someone grabbed Catra's tail. "Alright everyone that's enough! Stop touching my wife!" Adora shouted above the excited talking and everyone went quiet before shuffling out of the way but not without someone grabbing Catra's tail again. Catra screwed her eyes shut and yelped again which resulted in Adora whirling on her feet and socking the person who did it right in the eye. People began to shout and all Adora could hear was Catra's worried voice. "Adora! Adora come on let's go! I want to go home, please!" Adora turned and saw the nearly scared look in her eyes and the blonde couldn't regret coming out more than ever.
     They walked in silence until Catra's voice broke through the air, "You didn't have to do that you know." Adora didn't respond, only looked the other way. "Hey, look at me." They stopped walking and Adora's face was pulled to look at Catra. The feline ran her thumbs across the cheek of Adora as sad baby blue eyes stared down into her split ones. "I don't blame you for what you did but I don't want that type of anger around our child do you understand me?" Adora nodded and leaned into the hand on her cheek, "Good now give me a kiss." Catra demanded with a fanged smile as Adora weakly smiled and leaned down to press their lips together. After they pulled away they took a moment to just rest their foreheads on each other's and brush noses- and listen to the happy purring coming from Catra. "I love you so much dummy." Adora smiled before pressing a kiss to Catra once more, "I love you too now can we please go home?" Catra nodded before clinging to Adora's arm as they walked and she also made sure her tail wasn't available for anyone else to touch or grab, it was securely curled around Adora's ankle, but not too tight.
     "Our baby is due in a few days. I can't wait to meet you little one." Catra whispered to her swollen belly as she lie awake in bed next to a sleeping Adora. "I'm your mama and Adora is your mommy, she can't wait to meet you either. I can't wait to bring you into this world and show you the wonders of it! One day when you're bigger I'll take you to the Ice Kingdom or Plumeria or- or even Scorpia's kingdom which used to be the Fright Zone. I have no idea what she calls it now." Catra loved talking to her baby even if it couldn't talk back, "Mmm, Catra who are you talking to?" A tired Adora mumbled as she turned around and swung an arm over her wife's waist. "Our baby. Our little baby." Catra teared as she repeated it for the second time while Adora just smiled and kissed the baby bump before gently resting her head on it. "That's right, our little baby." Adora agreed before her eyes flicked up to meet Catra's teared up ones. They shuffled around until Catra's head was rested on Adora's chest as they softly talked about their baby and their memories. Catra fell asleep listening to Adora's heart beat, it was strong just like her, herself. Catra didn't mind Adora being protective, it was just when things got out of hand when she felt nervous. Catra guessed Adora couldn't help it, their baby was due in a few days and she's been so weak recently. Though it was normal for her to lose her breath quickly since she was carrying a new life in her. Her thoughts drifted off as the strong drumming of her wife's heart soothes her to sleep.