10. The unspoken (sexual) tension

"Wha...what is this tension between these two?" I ask Ron. Ron keeps his attention on Harry and Draco.

"What are you talking about?"

"The sexual tension between these two dickheads." I pointed to the two. Kimberly turns to me with a relieved expression.

"Finally someone sees it too." She said to me in an undertone.

"Are they lovers?" I whispered. She shook her head, "Far from it."

Blaise Zabini stepped next to us, "They're more like two bickering teens with a homosexual undertone." The more I talked to my fellow Slytherins the more distance my Gryffindor friends made between us.

Lavenders Brown's squeal took the attention of the class. Trotting towards us came a dozen of the most bizarre creatures that I have ever seen. They looked like a weird-ass hybrid between an eagle and a horse. Each of the beasts had a thick leather collar around its neck, which was attached to a long chain, and the ends of all of these were held in the vast hands of, my favourite gentle giant, Hagrid, who came jogging into the paddock behind the creatures.

"Gee up, there!" he roared, shaking the chains and urging the creatures toward the fence where the class stood. Everyone drew back slightly as Hagrid reached them and tethered the creatures to the fence.

"Hippogriffs!" Hagrid roared happily, waving a hand at them. "Beau'iful, aren' they?"

He was right about that. They looked like they could straight-up murder you in cold blood and lick your blood off their talons. But there's something beautiful about that.

"Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know abou' Hippogriffs is, they're proud," said Hagrid. "Easilyoffended, Hippogriffs are. Don't never insult one, 'cause it might be the last thing yeh do."

Are we here just to die? I didn't sign up for this shit.

"Yeh always wait fer the Hippogriff ter make the firs' move," Hagrid continued. "It's polite, see? Yeh walk toward him, and yeh bow, an' yeh wait. If he bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. If he doesn' bow, then get away from him sharpish, 'cause those talons hurt. So — who wants ter go first?"

The Hippogriffs were showing off their powerful wings and the whole class took a few steps back, which is understandable.

"No one?" said Hagrid, with a pleading look in his eyes.

"Fuck it, I'll do it," I said, trying to look cool and confident in front of my classmates.

The class let out a gasp.

"Oh look another Potter trying to take the attention, must run in the family," Draco said to his minions who laughed at his words. Harry looked at him with annoyance, but before he could snap something back at him, I stepped up with my words of wisdom.

"Suck my dick, Draco."

I walked towards Hagrid as I heard laughter in the background. Hagrid was still beaming at the fact that someone volunteered.

"Right then — let's see how yeh get on with Buckbeak." He untied one of the chains, pulled the grey Hippogriff away from its fellows, and slipped off its leather collar. The class on the other side of the paddock seemed to be holding its breath.

"Easy now, Karma," said Hagrid quietly. "Yeh've got eye contact, now try not ter blink...Hippogriffs don' trust yeh if yeh blink too much..." My eyes began to water, but I did not shut them, for my life probably depended on it. Buckbeak turned his great, sharp head and was staring at me with one fierce orange eye.

"Tha's it," said Hagrid."Tha's it,... now, bow." I did as he told, and gave a short bow. The Hippogriff was still staring haughtily at me. It didn't move. "Ah," said Hagrid, sounding worried.

"Right — back away, now, Karma, easy does it —" But then, to my surprise, the Hippogriff suddenly bent its scaly front knees and sank into what was an unmistakable bow. "Well done, Karma!" said Hagrid, ecstatic.

"Right — yeh can touch him! Pat his beak, go on!" I would rather back away but pet the animal anyway. I patted the beak several times and the Hippogriff closed its eyes lazily as if he was enjoying it. The class applauded, and I was ready to turn back and receive the cheers until two big hands grabbed me by the armpits and lifted me. "Righ' then, Karma," said Hagrid. "I reckon he migh' let yeh ride him!"

I panicked as Hagrid placed me on the back of the wings, I couldn't hold the feathers as they were too glossy and my position just felt unstable.

"WAIT! Hagrid I don't-" But Hagrid already slapped the Hippogriffs behind.

Buckbeak flapped his wings open on either side and soared upwards. I was rocked forwards and backwards as Buckbeak rose and fell with its wings. It felt like I could be thrown out at any moment. Buckbeak flew me a few times around the area before he went towards the ground. I held his neck tighter as we landed with a heavy thud. Pushing myself of the hippogriff and landing on the ground on shaky legs.

Hagrid gave me a strong pad on the back mocking me wobble a bit forward. "Great job, Karma!" Hagrid roared as everyone began to cheer. "How are yeh feeling?"

"Like I just escaped death." I said to him, with a weak grin. "But it was a great experience."

"HAHA" He cheered. "Now, who else wants a go?"

~~~

The library was quiet, as it should be. Harry, Hermione and Ron are visiting Hagrid, Kimberly is having a quidditch meeting, Sofia and Jason are visiting Malfoy to make fun of his stupid actions. And I am here, alone in the library reading an old muggle studies book. As I was reading about the invention of electricity I heard the chair next to me move, a brown colored girl with a Gryffindor robe sat next to me.

"Hey,"She said awkwardly.

"Hey," I said back, just as awkward.

"I just wanted to say..that it was funny what you said to Malfoy..about uhhh," She didn't want to repeat my words from earlier.

"Him sucking my dick?" She let out an airy laugh, which was infectious as I started laughing too. But we soon quieted down in fear of the Librarian.

"I'm Parvati Patil," She said with a little shyness that I didn't expect from a Gryffindor.

"Karma Potter," I replied.

{Do you listen to girl in red?}

A Long chapter because of my absence. And I tried finding a gif of Harry and Draco having that sweet gay prisoner of Azkaban tension but couldn't  find it. So you guys are stuck with a hippogriff for now.