Deep Rest

(The title is inspired by a song called 'Your Deep Rest' by The Hotelier)

(This is a request by @Sad_Lazy_Bean )

(Janus x Logan x Virgil with a 10 year-old emo insomniac as their child(will be gender-neutral)

Narrator POV

   Everyone knows that being a kid is hard, especially if you are different. (Y/n) is exactly that; different. Other then having 3 fathers(whom they call dad(Logan), father(Janus), and papa(Virgil), they are Emo as well and especially enjoy the music. From artists like My Chemical Romance to Death Cab for Cutie, they listen to them for hours on end.

   (Y/n) uses their music as a way to hide from the world, and as an excuse as to why they never seem to sleep. That's right, the child of Logan, Virgil, and Janus, has insomnia. It may have been from their papa but with Logan and Janus as the "take care of your self, god dammit" parents, it's surprising especially when they confront their child.

   At the moment, Logan is siting on the couch and reading a book titled "1984" by George Orwell, Virgil is leaning against him and is on his phone(probably listening to music or looking at Tumblr, or his MySpace page), and Janus is next to Logan and is reading as well but his book is titled "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. (Y/n) is laying their head on Virgil's legs and is playing Minecraft on their phone, Virgil's hand running through their hand in a way to comfort them and himself. Logan looks up and reads the clock on the wall.

'10:45'

   "Alright, it's time for bed." Logan closes his book and removes his glasses, rubbing the irritation from them. Janus closes his book as well and stands, he cracks his back and makes his way over to the two Emos. He carefully picks up the smaller one bridal style and starts the journey to (Y/n)'s room. Virgil and Logan stand at the same time and follow after Janus, the tiredness evident in their sluggish steps.

   Janus lays the teen in their bed, who stays on their phone and doesn't move from where he laid them. "(Y/n), I know you have trouble sleeping but just rest for now, okay?" (Y/n) sits up and looks at their father. "If I need to... Can I lay down with you, papa, and dad? It helps..." Janus smiles at their honesty and nods his head, "of course dear." He exits the room and goes enters the room to see Logan buttoning up his blue sleep shirt that matches his pants and Virgil wearing a baggy T-shirt and boxers with skulls on them, laying on the bed on his phone. Janus rolls his eyes, the thought 'like father, like child' enters his head. 

   Logan sits on his side of the bed, he places his stylish pair of Warbie Parkers(*dabs*) on the nightstand next to the bed. Virgil scoots to the middle of the bed and wraps an arm around Logan as he starts to lay down, Janus heads to the closet to change into pajamas for bed. Janus exits the closet after a few minutes and sees his husbands cuddling as Virgil seems to have put his phone away. 

  Janus starts to head to the bed when he hears tiny thumps, indicating one thing; (Y/n) can't sleep and decided to head to their room as they asked earlier that night. Janus smiles and heads over to the door, he opens it and the child immediately looks up at their father shyly. They fiddle with their hands and the oversized t-shirt they seemed to have changed into. Janus smiles softly and gently takes (Y/n)'s hand and leads them to the bed. Virgil turns and sees (Y/n), stopping his cuddling of his husband, and lets (Y/n) lay in his arms as Janus cuddles them from behind. "Father said I could come in here if I can't sleep..." (Y/n) mumbles out as Janus starts to rub his fingers their their (color) hair, the kid's eyes flutter closed in relaxation. 

   Soon the three fathers and their child fall into a blissful sleep, the Reptilian Rapscallion and the Iron Giant Nerd being careful of the Emo Nightmare and the (nickname like the others ex: cute little puppy baby bat)