The Proposal

18 August 2017, 7:55 pm
Sitting behind her dad on the bike, Adya was fretting about what Divyasha told her in the morning. She was startled when the bike halted. In front of her, was standing the guy who according to Divyasha "liked her". Not knowing how to react, or what to do, she stepped down from the bike and flounced towards the classroom. Watching her behave this way, knowing that he likes her, made Reyansh feel awful and more nervous about confessing.
"So today, we will learn about past participle" announced the teacher.
"Adya, why is that guy staring at u?" asked Devika
"How would I know" grumbled Adya
"Why are in such a bad mood?" Again questioned Devika
"Nothing just had an argument with Divyasha"
"About?"
Adya glanced at her and said, "about the guy who is glaring at me right now"
"What? How does Divyasha know him?" Devika sounded quite astounded
Adya sighed and told her about the morning incident.
"Adya, don't you think you are overreacting?" Asked Devika
"I don't know, I am really mad at Divyasha"
"Yeah, but what's his fault? Maybe he really likes you!"
"Maybe"
"He seems very nervous"
Adya eyed at Reyansh, "yeah he does"
"Ok class, we will continue this next class, please note down your homework -Wren and Martin's exercises"
"Is he gonna propose?"
"I don't think so, I made him uncomfortable with my behaviour"
"Should I ask him?" asked Devika excitedly.
"No. NO. NOT AT ALL."
"Ah I have made my mind now," said Devika and went behind Reyansh
"Hey, Reyansh!"
"Yes?"
"I heard you like Adya. Is it true?"
Reyansh became numb. He couldn't enunciate. His hands were shivering. "No, I don't like anyone. I don't even know who is Adya" ratified Reyansh and stormed towards his bike.
Adya came downstairs and saw Devika with an astonishing look on her face. "What happened to u?" Interrogated Adya
"He said he doesn't even know who you are" replied Devika, still looking at the direction in which Reyansh took off.
"WHAT? See this was the freaking reason why I didn't want you to ask him that stupid question, Oh god, kill me!"

19 August 2017, 7:30 am
"Divyasha! Do you even know what you speak?" shrieked Adya as soon as she saw her best friend
"What happened?" Asked Divyasha worriedly
"That guy, that stupid guy, insulted me!"
"Who?"
"Reyansh!"
"What? Insulted you? How dare he! "
Adya narrated her the whole story.
"I am gonna kill Aarohi for this," wailed Divyasha

20 August 2017, 4:55 pm
"THEN WHY DID THAT GUY SAY HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW ADYA???" barked Divyasha.
"He was scared, bro" Aarohi retorted.
"Does that mean he will insult my best friend?"
"No, he didn't mean to insult her, please calm down Divya, I will talk to him, he will make everything right, I promise"
Divyasha gave her a disgruntled look "let's see"

22 August, 7:55 pm
"You need to confess your feelings today. It's really-"
"I will tell her about my feelings today," said Reyansh stiffly.

Adya opened the car door, flung herself out and waved her dad. Walking past Reyansh, she tried to avoid making eye contact. She tried not to think about what he told the other day, but her mind was stuck on that statement. Feeling embarrassed, she ascended upstairs, took a corner seat and slumped upon it. Devika arrived some moments later and sat beside her.
"Are you still mad at me?" asked Devika timidly.
"No, it wasn't really your fault, you were just too much excited, I ain't mad at you, chill" replied Adya with a grin.
"Aww, you-"
"Excuse me?" interrupted Arjun
"Yes?" replied Devika
"Actually, Reyansh wants to talk to u, can you give a few moments to him?" Arjun asked to Adya.
"Oh, now he knows who I am?" questioned Adya furiously.
"He knows you Adya, he was just nervous that day"
Adya gave him a look and rolled her eyes, "okay"
"Reyansh, go speak to her" commanded Arjun
"Right now? No bro, I can't, tell her to wait downstairs after the class" replied Reyansh

9:45 pm
"We will continue this next class, " finally the teacher finished off.
Everyone was plummeting downstairs. Adya too got up and started descending down the staircases slowly. She went outside and saw her dad hasn't yet arrived. She went back to the porch area, stood there crossing her arms.
"This guy is literally being so disgusting right now" Adya to herself.
"Hey," Reyansh said with a shivering voice.
"Say" replied Adya recklessly
"Just a second"  Reyansh ran back to Arjun "she is literally gonna kick me off if I propose her today"
"Reyansh, I will kick you off, if u don't propose her today"
"Oh man," Reyansh sighed heavily.
He was pushed back to his love.
"Will you please speak something or should I go?" wailed Adya.
"No, please don't go, the thing is I am kinda scared..."
Adya raised her brow.
"..okay, so I don't know what this feeling is, but every time I see u, I feel I am glorified by your beauty, every time you look at me, I get lost in your sparkling eyes. It may not be love, but I definitely admire you. And if you would like to be my girlfriend, I promise, I will always treat you well, I will always respect you, your thoughts, your decisions, your individuality and I will always support you. I will give you every happiness I can even when my own world would be falling apart"
There was a moment of silence. Adya's glorious eyes had water in them. As soon as she realised this she looked aside and wiped away her tears.
"Hey? Did I say something wrong? Did I make you cry? I am really sorry Adya, I didn't mean-"
"No, you didn't say anything wrong," whispered Adya, "dad's here, I will give my reply next class, bye!"
And she hurried away towards her father. Reyansh was standing there completely still, he didn't know whether to be happy or sad. All he knew was he can even give his life to know what Adya's feels for him.

"Who is that guy you were talking to?" inquired Adya's dad
"Ah..a friend" replied Adya nervously
"What were you two talking about alone?"
"He...he was asking about notes, ah yes notes, he was absent for 2 days and was asking what did the teacher taught in those two days," said Adya.
"Ok," her dad said, though he didn't sound convinced.

23 August 2017, 9:00 am
"He proposed me" whispered Adya.
"Really? Ah, thank God!" said Divyasha with a relief.
"Who? Who proposed u? What the hell is going on?" questioned Darshit.
"Ahhhh, long story Darshit" replied Divyasha
"No no, why am I not yet told about all these things? I hate-"
"Darsh calm down," said Adya, "there's a guy in my English tutorials who likes me and proposed me yesterday"
"Oh, and you like him too?" asked Darshit excitedly.
"NO," shrieked Adya.
"Students this is a library, not your playground" the librarian murmured.
"Sorry, sir" apologised Adya
"Okay, so you are gonna deny his proposal?" asked Darshit
"I don't know" replied Adya "is he a decent guy, Divya?"
"Yep," said Divyasha, turning to the next page of her book.
"Ahhh, Divya! Look at me" ordered Adya
"Uff" Divyasha looked at her, "say?"
"Should I accept his proposal?" asked Adya with some kind of uncertainty on her face
"See Adya, if you want a relationship at this point, he is the perfect guy for you," assured Divyasha
Adya reclined on her chair and sighed.

24 August, 1:40 pm
"So what have u decided?" asked Darshit
"I still don't know" replied Adya
"Then why are you blushing?" Darshit asked laughingly
"What? No, I ain't" said Adya
"Oh please, you look like a tomato right now," proclaimed Divyasha
"Ahhh, bye," said Adya irritably and rushed into the bus.

7:40 pm
Wearing her favourite jeans and floral printed top, Adya wore eyeliner for the first time, just to impress Reyansh. She did her hair, and then glanced into the mirror, "should I tie my hair into a ponytail? Ah, no! I look good like this"

Even the weather that day was nostalgic. The sky was as dark as slate and the icy north wind was blowing the rain straight into Reyansh's face. As Adya got off the car, she saw Reyansh dripping wet, running his hands through his hair, seeing this Adya's heart skipped a beat.
"He is handsome" Adya whispered to herself and blushed.

She strolled past him and his eyes fell on her. His pupils dilated, his jaw almost dropped.
"Did she dress up so well for me?" Reyansh asked himself
Then the magical moment happened, Adya waved at him.  He couldn't understand what to do, as if he forgot how to wave back. He managed to grin at her. She went towards the porch and stood there with the other girls. Every now and then they glanced at each other and blushed. Adya was so delighted, finally she is gonna have a guy who would treat her well.
"hey Adya," greeted Nancy
"Hey, what's up?" Adya greeted back
"Ah, I wanted to ask you something, I hope you won't mind," said Nancy.
"No no, why would I mind? Ask"
"You and Reyansh have something?"
"Ah, who told you?"
"No no, I just saw you guys blushing, see Adya, I know that guy, and as a friend, I am just warning you, he isn't a really nice guy for u, it's just an advice, rest you know about guys and relationships better than me!"