Egoistic Bitch

"Adya??" called out Arjun.

Adya turned on her heels.
"Yes?" replied Adya.
Wow. So Mr heroic Reyansh Sharma has sent his best friend to persuade his ex-girlfriend for patch up. Adya tried not to grunt over the 'ex-girlfriend' part. As much as she denied, even she didn't want them to breakup on such bad note. All she wanted to do at that time was slap Reyansh.
This guy is really getting under my skin. Why can't he simply come, apologise and make everything right? NO. HE HAS TO SHOW ME HIS MALE CHAUVINIST ATTITUDE.

In these few days after break up, a lot has changed. Reyansh has started ignoring her. He grumbles whenever he sees her and she wasn't used to this. She was used to Reyansh's cute talks, not his outrage. But could she really blame all this over him? It's even her fault. Her fucking temper. Her immaturity. "You dug your own grave Adya", she told herself.

It only has been one month since 24th of august(the date when they started dating) and they have had so much on their plate in this one month, but still, she didn't want this. She wanted to go talk to him, properly and fix everything herself if he isn't. But something was holding her back. Maybe it was ego. Or maybe she still believed that he lied to her about Samyukta. Now that she is speculating about this more evidently and without an instigating Nancy near her, she felt that she overreacted, maybe.

"Ah, I wanted to speak to you about Reyansh." said Arjun in a timid, rather scared voice.
Adya rolled her eyes, which clearly indicated that she wasn't interested in this topic.
"He doesn't seem quite well nowadays." Arjun continued anyway.
"He really loves you Adya. Can't you see how much this breakup has disturbed him? He is always gloomy and bleak nowadays. The calmest person I ever knew, now gets frustrated over really small matters. And I know even you are affected by all this. Even you don't seem very pleased.  I guess you guys should talk-"
"If he really wanted to 'TALK' then he would have come himself to fix this. But clearly, he isn't interested in talking to me. So let be AJ. Stop taking his side." Adya wailed and stormed away.

"What the fuck? When did I take his side? Girls don't understand anything. Uff, she is more immature than Aarohi." mumbled Arjun to himself.

Reyansh came by and asked Arjun what did she say. 
"She is still mad at you but wants you to go and talk to her. I can never understand girls." shrugged Arjun.
"Did she say that she wants me to go talk to her?" asked Reyansh curiously.
"YES. NOW PLEASE GO TALK TO HER." Arjun yelled.

Reyansh was somewhat outraged. He wanted to growl on Adya for behaving so immature. He thought she was different from other girls. But was he right?

He walked up to her, grabbed her right arm and twirled her body, forcing her to face him.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT, ADYA?" screamed Reyansh at the top of his voice. Adya was startled by his behaviour. But she stood there.
They were on the middle of the street road, glaring at each other.
"I want you to release my arm right now." Adya said acrimoniously.
Reyansh released her arm, but his eyes still had got a hold over her eyes. Rage. Resentment. Turmoil. She would all these raw feelings evidently in his eyes.

Arjun wrinkled his nose. "This doesn't seem like a patch up talk from any angle." Arjun murmured to himself.

"I thought you were more mature than this. I thought you would be different from those stupid girls. But seems like I was wrong."  Reyansh hissed.

"This is getting worse." Arjun grumbled.
If they don't solve it out today, I would have to drive Reyansh to a psychiatrist tomorrow. And then Aarohi will surely kill me. "No, I can't just stand here and wait for Aarohi to chastise me tomorrow for this guy's stupidity." Arjun whimpered.

"Oh really? See who's talking about maturity." Adya chuckled sarcastically. "The one who thinks ignoring is better than solving. The one who grumbles over whenever he sees his girlfriend, oh sorry 'ex-girlfri-"
"Stop it!" Arjun snapped, bursting in between both of them.
Now their eyes shifted from each other to Arjun.
"Adya, Reyansh DOESN'T HAVE an ex. Samyukta used to like Reyansh in 7th standard and that was ages ago. Reyansh doesn't even talk to her." Adya opened her mouth but before she would let any words out Arjun again starting saying, "That day was the last day of midterms and we all were standing in a group discussing who will fail in which subject and everyone was cackling at MY jokes."
Adya immediately felt guilty. So Reyansh didn't lie to me?
Dumbass Adya. She cursed herself internally.
"And, Reyansh couldn't you just clear this up with her earlier? No, because you had to show your ego." Arjun snapped at his best friend.
Both Reyansh and Adya looked down in guilt. They had nothing more to yell upon.
"What?" howled Arjun jerking his head from Reyansh to Adya and then again to Reyansh.
"Do you people want to patch up OR NOT?" Arjun howled again.
"I don't know. Whatever he wants." replied Adya looking here and there.
"You egoistic bitch." growled Reyansh.
"Reyansh! How dare-" Adya growled back.
"I love you." Reyansh yelled glancing straight into her eyes.
Adya glanced at him with mixed emotions. Love. Anger. Fear.
"I love you too." replied Adya in a calmer tone.

"Idiots!" chuckled Sudeep.
Adya turned on her heels and saw her brother slumped on his bike, chuckling on her stupidity.
"Bhai?" Adya asked in astonishment, "since when are you standing here?"
"Since the time you both were lost... in.... each.... other's.... eyes...." said Sudeep dramatically.
"Shut up!" snapped Adya.
She sat behind him and waved her boyfriend. Yeah, do I need to say the 'I love you' part was patch up?
"I will call you tomorrow." said Reyansh, now all calm and composed.
"Okay." replied Adya.
Sudeep turned the key right and the battle green Royal Enfield roared back to life. They rode away.

On the way back home, Adya struggled to comprehend what just happened. One moment, it was a heated argument and in another, it turned into the cutest fight ever. Like what was that? Adya chuckled.
"Love it is." replied Sudeep grasping her thoughts.
"Bhai!" yelled Adya while her cheeks turned pink.

Reyansh was glad that everything was fine now. Arjun was glad that he won't get chastised by his girl. They rode back to their homes.

The next day, 7:15 am
Reyansh was getting ready for school. He finally smiled after one whole week. He was happy. He realised while wearing his I'd card that his happiness is with Adya. Just the thought of being with her makes him happy. He wandered if his love for her was enhancing with each passing day. But how is it possible to love someone so deeply in just a couple of months?

"Divya?" Adya yelled entering the girl's washroom.
"Yeah." A sound came from one of the toilets.
"Common on, come out fast, we are already late." said Adya shifting the knot of her tie.

"Where is Darsh?" Divya asked coming out of the toilet.
"He is already in the laboratory, preparing for his speech, which I know he will ruin anyway." replied Adya with concern in her voice.
"Arey, don't worry. He is good at bragging, he will also be good at speech giving. And you never know, maybe he would flirt with the lady judge and she would get impressed." Divya said laughingly.
Adya chuckled softly.
"I wanted to ask you that did you patch up with Reyan-"
"NO. NONONONONO. Don't ask me about him right now. I will get distracted." replied Adya.
"Okay, okay." Divya said, motioning that she zipped her mouth.
Adya eyed at her and said "yes I did. I will tell you everything after the presentation okay?"
"Okay." replied Divya excitedly. Excited about knowing what happened, lose her interest completely in the presentation.

"Oh shit." Adya wailed glancing at her wristwatch." It's already 7:25."
Divya groaned.
"There isn't time to groan." said Adya picking up her backpack, "We have gotta run."
They ran through the corridors of their block, plummeted down the staircases to the ground floor, entered the senior block, ran staright into "Physics Lab".

"Guys?" wailed an irritated Darshit.
"Sorry sorry sorry sorry." Adya sighed.
Darsh rolled his eyes over.
"Okay." Darshit closed his eyes and started practising his speech again, "Good morning. I am Darshit Agarwal. This is our project on how we can generate electricity from waste by-products....."

"He doing good." whispered Adya during the presentation.
"Told ya." replied Divya.

After the presentation, they all went to the cafeteria and were eating their lunch.
Divya peeked at Adya.
"Ah, okay." Adya replied to her peek. "First of all, I must say he is the freakiest coward on the this planet. He sent his best friend to resolve. I mean can you believe it?"
Divya snickered.
"Uh-oh, seems so Ms Adya Mishra tortured her boyfriend, just like the way she tortures her best friend." said Darsh pointing his index towards himself.

Adya gave her a death glare and then recited the whole incident to them.

"... I hate him, I love him, I hate that I love him." Adya finished.
Both her best friends burst into laughter.
"You guys are crazy!" said Divya trying really hard to control her laughter.
And Darsh was literally on the floor chortling. He was having the timeof his life. This was one of the few opportunities where he gets to laugh at Adya and he wasn't going to abandon this.
Adya groaned.

Reyansh got home from school. He reached out to his phone and dialled Sudeep bhai's number.
He picked up in a sleepy tone, "Adya's taking a nap. She got really tired after the science exhibition."
"Oh, it's okay bhai." replied Reyansh.

Adya woke up at about 6 pm when her mom yelled at her.
"Yeah coming." replied Adya and glimpsed at the clock. She realised she won't be able to talk to Reyansh today anymore. Sudeep would be gone for his physics tuition and he would return home after his chemistry class around 10:30.
She groaned and jumped off the bed and hurried to his screaming mother wishing if she and Reyansh would have been in the same school.