Chapter 30 - Apologies

A/N: You can definitely skip this note btw...

Firstly: Why the slow updates? WELL. It's all Jafar's fault. I've been very busy binging everything StarKid 😍 I've been making my way through all of their musicals, interviews and behind the scenes! Initially I was like ooo Dylan 😏 and then I watched Black Friday and now I'm like OOO Dylan 🥵 lel okay TMI. Anyways, moral of the story - pls DM me for StarKid yarns

Secondly: one of the 'writing rules' I've heard is to make sure all your characters' names start with different letters so the reader can differentiate and remember them easier... so who the fuck knows why I decided to pull a George RR Martin and name one of Asha's friends ALISHA which is literally the CLOSEST thing you could get to ASHA 🤦🏻‍♀️ Ahahahaha wtf why 💀 That might have to be one of the changes I make once I complete this story...

Okay, that's all x congrats on making it through my ramble

*

"Ash, you coming up to breakfast?" called Alisha from the hallway.

"Coming!" Asha swung her bag over her shoulder and hurried from the dorm, Accio-ing her school tie just in time for it to soar through the crack of the closing door.

"I suppose it's not so much my company, but rather my Transfiguration homework you're so eager to have next to you at the breakfast table, aye Alisha?" Asha teased as the two girls fell into stride.

"That is a totally outrageous accusation, Asha Winters!" scolded Alisha, before casting a sideways smirk and holding out her hand expectantly. Asha chuckled and pulled a roll of parchment from her robes, making sure to bat her friend's head with it before handing it over.

"Thanks to your two-week homework hiatus, I think McGonagall finally figured out the enigma that was Alisha Cotton and her Transfig' inconsistencies," said Alisha as they exited the common room.

"What?" Asha laughed.

"You know; why my homework grades were always exceptional but I'm somehow super shit at actually doing the spells," said Alisha chirpily.

Asha snorted. "I hate to break it to you, but I have a feeling McGonagall solved that mystery a loong time ago."

"Yeah, well, since I basically flunked the latest assignments - because no one else bloody well let me copy, by the way! - she's definitely been giving me more sour looks than usual and has been asking me way more questions in class. All I'm saying is, I hope you realise that it's all your fault."

"Oh, I'm sorry, would you like me to take that homework back?" Asha offered in mock earnest. She reached for the roll of parchment.

"No! No, that's not what I meant," Alisha giggled, whipping the scroll out of Asha's reach.

"Hey guys, wait up!" called a voice from behind. Maive jogged up the stairs to meet them. "What's with the early breakfast?"

"Oh nothing special," said Asha casually, then, raising her voice to an unnecessary volume, "Alisha just needs time to copy my Transfiguration homework."

Asha and Maive burst into laughter as Alisha emitted an aggressive "SSHHH!" before hastily glancing around the corridor. Luckily for her, Asha had already made sure there weren't any professors around. The fourth year Hufflepuffs were in agreement that it was always good practice to give Alisha's blood pressure a little spike if the opportunity presented itself.

Once seated in the Great Hall, Asha and Maive had an enjoyable breakfast while Alisha feverishly scribbled away, paraphrasing Asha's work in between bites of toast.