Chapter 2

Tom found himself going to the café every night after that, only to listen to the peaceful voice and to see Y/n, who's name he hadn't figured out yet. He had gave it a thought, he couldn't be attracted to two people at once, so he went their every night, hoping to first of all, relax and than, look for the person who sings.

It was quite clear the voice was an addiction to him, now. It was alluring and if he missed one night, he felt as if the voice called him to come over.

He was once again, sitting at one of the tables, waiting for a waitress to come over, secretly hoping it's Y/n but to his dismay, came a waitress named Heather. He had examined her before, she had curly blonde hair with streaks of pink in between. She had a piercing on her bottom corner of the lip, which Tom knew was because someone had said it'd look good on her.

She had napkins with numbers scrambled lazily on it, probably from the customers.

" What do you need today, sweetheart? The usual? " She asked in a overly sweet voice and Tom sighed.

" A strong Coffee. " He found himself say, as his eyes were on Y/n who was making one and Heather chuckled huskily.

" I'm surprised you aren't asking any drinks today. Sure, I'll get coffee in a few minutes, till than, enjoy the songs. " She stated and Tom knew she was jealous when she practically spat Enjoy the songs. It was simple to be jealous over such things, it was also very obvious. Who wouldn't? He thought as the lights went out and he found the same figure walking over to the stage and she sat on the stool, pulling up the guitar.

He relaxed as the girl sang, forgetting about the coffee he ordered. Once the song ended, Y/n got off the stage ans hurried back towards the room. Tom felt like he should go barging into that room and find out who she is. As the lights were on, he watched as Y/n was putting on her apron, he frowned.

" Could she be? " He asked himself.

" Coffee is nearly ready, sweets. Anything else? I'll bring in right away. " Heather says and Tom shook his head.

" I want her to bring me the coffee. " Tom pointed his index finger in Y/n's direction and he swore jealousy flashed across Heather's eyes but she covered up by a smile.

" Sure. " She stated and walked away. Heather reached back to the counter and huffed.

" He wants you to tak the coffee, Jade. " Heather spat and walked away, probably to flirt with some other customers. Y/n knew this was coming, he had been the regular customer ever since that night and it was very clearly obvious to her that he wanted to know who she was.

She nodded wordlessly and prepared a strong coffee, setting it on a tray, she nodded at Cathy before making her way towards him. She placed the tray down, taking out the mug and placed it in front of him and picked up the tray. Tom noticed a Rose pendant hanging low her neck.

" Anything else, sir? " She asked and Tom nodded.

" Actually, your name. " He stated, leaning further back into his seat as their eyes met.

" Y/n Jade. " She stated and Tom half smirked half smiled. Y/n, on the other hand, was only able to concentrate on the small smile once again.

" If nothing else? " She asks and Tom nods. As Y/n walked back to the counter, he played the name repeatedly in his head. Her voice ringing through his mind till he left for home, after giving a generous tip to Cathy.

He headed straight to his office, wooden oak door squeaked as he opened it and he closed it, walking over to his old mob family files. He looked through them for hours, before getting tired went to sleep, still thinking of Y/n.