Chapter 8

She turned back to apologize but found Tom was already busy sending daggers at the guy. His eyes widened and he took a step back, stumbled and disappeared in the crowd.

" You scared him away. " Y/n stated, a chuckle escaping her lips.

" Yeah, well. I'm a feared mobster. " Tom stated and Y/n rolled her eyes.

" Couldn't you just deny him? " Tom asked and Y/n sighed.

" Trust me, as much as I wanted to punch his pretty face, I didn't want to create a scene. " Y/n stated and Tom scoffed.

" Pretty? " He asks and Y/n gave him a look before looking around.

" You don't dance? " Tom asks and Y/n looks at him.

" I don't like dancing. " She states simply and Tom smirks.

" Or you can't dance. " He stated and
Y/n raised an eyebrow.

" Is that a challenge, Mr. Holland? " She asks, a mischievous smirk on her lips too ans Tom smirked.

Just what I wanted.
Tom thought as he shrugged and Y/n rolled her eyes. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind and she didn't even argue. They simply swayed to the music, Y/n's heart beating fast but thanks to the DJ, he had good bass.

Tom wasn't doing any good either. His cheeks were tinted red and he just wished Y/n shouldn't see his face. Aside from the feeling they both felt comfortable in each other's arms, Y/n was feeling something odd. She didn't want to be here at this moment not wanted any of her friends to.

She turned around, hoping to talk to him.

" Maybe we should leave. " Y/n stated as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

" Why? " Tom asks, looking at her worried face.

" I don't know. Something doesn't feel
right. " Y/n stated, her eyes landing behind him and she frowned. She leaned closer, Tom widening his eyes as Y/n was in a position hugging him.

" Don't turn around. " She whispered and Tom frowned. A man was pushing past the dancing crowd, a gun in his hand that no one cared to notice but the tensed and serious look on his face made Y/n think otherwise and examine him.

" It's a man, with a gun. He's coming our way. " Y/n whispered again Tom was for the first time, scared. He wondered what if he shoots Y/n in his place? What if she gets hurt or something. His mind quickly made possible outcomes to escape and Tom took a deep breath.

" We're going to get mixed in the crowd. Now. " Tom stated as Y/n let go of his neck, slowly pushing past people missed the sight of the guy.

" This is much worse. " Y/n exclaimed as they tried to hide behind people's back.

" What? " Tom asks.

" What if he shoots and someone else here gets shot? " Y/n asked, stopping him midway.

" We need to get out of here. What if he's not just one? " Tom asks and Y/n looked around. No other sign of unusualness.

" We're dancing. " Y/n stated, grabbing his arm gently and leading him back to a corner of the dance floor.

" This isn't funny. " Tom stated, grabbing her elbow and facing her towards himself. He was already worried about her getting  shot and she wanted to dance.

" He's either here for you or me. Even if he had a group, they won't cause a havoc in a public area. They need to keep their secrecy too. " Y/n stated, staring right into his eyes and she found something similar to worry. She shrugged it off, thinking anyone would be worried if someone had a gun and followed them.