Chapter 12

After a few more days, Jace was discharged, but was still under bed rest.
Y/n was very strict on his bed rest and didn't let anyone let him out of the mansion.

Between  Y/n and Tom, it was currently some kind of understandings. Y/n knew Tom blamed himself and Tom definitely did. He was more distant from everyone now, just doing his work and spending the days in his office, nights in his bedroom.

Not hearing Y/n's voice or seeing her face was definitely driving him crazy but he thought Y/n wouldn't want to talk to him. But Y/n wanted to. She just couldn't find a reason to knock on his door.

Cathy and Haz were more like in an unofficial relationship Y/n's parents had given up troubling her. Y/n, of course didn't talk to them at all. Only some times when Jace forced her to.

She was currently sitting in her bedroom, when Haz came in.

" Hey, Haz. " Y/n smiled and Haz nodded, giving her file.

" What is it? " Y/n asks, opening the pages.

" It's a file and information about the opposite mob. We need to take down. " Haz informed and Y/n frowned.

" Why did you bring it to me? " Y/n asked and Haz groaned.

" You're taking it to Tom. He's in his office. "
Haz stated and Y/n chuckled.

" Seriously? Not now. " Y/n stated and Haz sighed.

" Y/n. Maybe you should. He's driving himself mad. " Haz stated, turning around and walking away. Y/n thought for a few seconds and sighed.

" Fine! " She got up, heading straight to Tom's office. Before she could knock, rhe door opened. Awkward tension filled the air as Y/n looked at Tom and Tom looked back at her.

" Uh.. Haz wanted you to see these. " Y/n stated, handing him the file and turned around, walking back to her room. As she closed the door, she let out a huff. Her heart was beating fast and she had very small smile on her lips.

Tom had a smile too, for the first time in a few days, but he managed not to burst out through that door and kiss her right away.

---

" So, who's he? " Cathy asked as Y/n looked at a picture on her phone.

" James. " Y/n mumbled, zooming on the picture.

" What? You're going out with him? " Cathy asked and Y/n groaned.

" Not ex-"

" Are you Sirius? " Sam asked, and Y/n rolled her eyes.

" Lame Harry Potter preferences. " Y/n stated and Sam mocked a hurt expression. But, Tom didn't hear anything after Cathy saying she's going out with him.

" And, no. I'm going out with him but not in that way. We're actually driving out of town to meet this new singer he has appointed. A Duet. " Y/n informed.

" It's still a date. " Jace mumbled and Y/n picked a pillow, throwing it hard on his face.

" Want me to share your pics, Cheescake? " Y/n threatened and Jace widened his eyes.

" No. I don't recall any of this. I don't know what you guys are talking about. I swear. " He rambled and Y/n smirked to herself while others laughed, except Tom.

" How did you find out about Jessica though? " Sam asked and Y/n shook her head.

" It's Vanessa, Sam. " Y/n corrected. Tom felt like Y/n would glare at him, throw indirect tantrums or blame him directly for Jace getting shot. But she didn't.

" Remember that day I left the mansion?, " Y/n asked and got nods in response.

" I was actually going to.. Umm a place I like but then, something clicked in my mind and I had my car U turned. " Y/n started.

Flashback

Y/n's mind ran back to her conversations with Jessica. She was always giving her the bitchy glare, throwing tantrums when had nothing against her. Then, she remembered seeing her in the Nelson's file.

Shs reversed her gare, tires screeching as she sped towards a forest. She parked the car, pulling out a gun and heading straight inside. She saw a man sitting there, with a drink and cigarette in his hand and smiled.

" Long time no see, Shed. How are you? " She smiled. Shed was a man who was a pretty good information bag. He held every little information about a thing if you ask him. In return, he just needed his daughter's life safe and glorious.

That was what Y/n provided him. Y/n promised him a few years ago that she'd take care of her, and she did. She provided her a good foster home, her educational fee, basically everything she needed and Shed was more than grateful and helpful for her.

" Hullo, Y/n. How come you're here? " He asked in his American accent.

" I needed some information. Surely, you've heard about our mobs, " Y/n asks and the man chuckled.

" What do I not know? " He asked and Y/n smiled.

" I want information on Nelson's. " Y/n stated and Shed nodded, bringing up a file and handing her. Y/n flipped through pages, and found what she needed.

There stood Jessica or Vanessa as she read it and that was enough for her. She thanked him and left.

As she switched on her phone to warn anyone in the mansion, Cathy called her.
Y/n cursed, speeding her way back to the mansion.

Flashback end

" Cool! Who's this man? " Sam asked and Y/n shook her head.

" He's trustful but wants to stay
hidden. "
Y/n mumbled and Sam nodded.

" What if he's giving our information to someone else? " Harry questions.

" He won't. " Y/n mumbled and Haz frowned.

" How are you so sure? " He asked.

" His daughter. " Y/n stated smiling.

" Don't tell me you've kidnapped her? " Sam said dramatically and Y/n slapped his arm.

" She's living in a foster home. I pay for her fees as long as he gives us information. " Y/n muttered and Cathy rolled her eyes.

" Not that you've ever stopped providing money to her but yeah, you can say like that. " Cathy stated and Y/n rolled her eyes.

" If he's so good with information, why don't we just ask him about-"

" Haz, We're not relying on him. He helps us, doesn't mean we're handing him our cases." Y/n glared at Haz who just chuckled.

" Right. " He mumbled, going back to his phone.

" Who are you talking to anyway? Cathy is just sitting right there. " Y/n pointed and the twins burst out laughing, Haz throwing a pillow at Y/n this time, and she burst out laughing.

They spent the evening having fun, Y/n going with James to find this singer.

She came home late at night, Tom staying up, just to make sure she returns and she did around one in the morning. She headed straight to her room and locked herself.

She changed and fell on her bed, trying to sleep but she couldn't stop thinking about the duet partner. James had informed her she had to sing like an actual duo, which wasn't a problem for her but it was when she's related to a family mob.

She fell asleep, thinking how to talk to Tom. She wanted to badly, but she just couldn't bring herself to. He seemed distant and was probably ignoring her.

End

Aww! There's only one more chapter left!!

Words Count: 1248