What's wrong with Kyungsoo?

- Day 8 -

Jongin who comes early to school, meets with Kyungsoo at the school gate. Kyungsoo asks, "Are you in B class?" Jongin feels weird with Kyungsoo's question but he answers anyway, "Yes." Kyungsoo smiles and says, "Let's go to the class together." Kyungsoo and Jongin walk side by side without talking to each other.

At the intersection, Jongin turns right while Kyungsoo turns left. Kyungsoo realizes his mistake, he quickly walks toward Jongin.  "Did he just forget the way to our class? Even I, who are new here, can remember," Jongin mumbles in his heart while looking at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo says, "Thank you... Ehm... What's your name?" Jongin only nods at Kyungsoo, then he goes to his seat. Kyungsoo sits in front of Jongin, then he turns around his body to face Jongin and says, "Please tell me your name." "Jongin," says Jongin. Kyungsoo smiles and says, "Thank you, Jongin."

Jihyun enters the classroom happily, she approaches Kyungsoo and says cheerfully, "Morning, Kyungsoo! I'm Jihyun and today is my birthday." "Happy birthday, Jihyun," says Kyungsoo. Jihyun shows a piece of paper to Kyungsoo and says, "You have to keep your promise." Kyungsoo sees his writing on the paper that saying he would go out with Jihyun on her birthday, the paper was signed by Kyungsoo last year. "Okay," says Kyungsoo. Jihyun shouts happily, "Yay!!"

After school, Jongin sees Jihyun leaving the school together with Kyungsoo. Jihyun looks extremely happy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

- Day 9 -

Jongin is the first to arrive at the classroom and Jihyun is the second. Not long after, Jongdae comes into the classroom with Kyungsoo. Jongdae says, "Morning Jongin. Morning Jihyun." Jihyun replies, "Morning." Jongin lifts his hand to say hi to Jongdae.

Kyungsoo asks Jongdae, "What's your name?" Jongdae says, "Ah! I forgot to say my name. I'm Jongdae, the class representative." Kyungsoo says, "Thank you for showing me the way to the classroom, Jongdae." Jongdae smiles at Kyungsoo and replies, "You are welcome." Jongin says in his heart, "What's wrong with Kyungsoo? Why does he need someone to show him the way to our class every morning? "

When Kyungsoo is walking past Jihyun, Jihyun says in a low voice, "Good morning Kyungsoo, my boyfriend." Kyungsoo stops his steps instantly and asks confusedly, "Boyfriend?" Jihyun becomes sad, she says, "Ah... I'm sorry. I forgot you can't remember what we did yesterday." Jihyun buries her face into her open book on her desk. Jongin says in his heart, "Kyungsoo is a bad guy. Poor Jihyun."

At lunch break, Jongin accidentally sees Chanyeol asking Kyungsoo for money in the school backyard. Chanyeol says, "Kyungsoo-ah, I'm Chanyeol. Why haven't you paid off your debt yet?" Kyungsoo replies, "Sorry if I don't remember that. How much?" "20.000 won," says Chanyeol. Kyungsoo pays Chanyeol right away. Chanyeol leaves Kyungsoo while laughing. Jongin says in his heart, "Kyungsoo is stupid."

When the class is over, Jongdae approaches Kyungsoo and says, "Kyungsoo-ah, I'm Jongdae, the class representative. Today you are in charge of cleaning the classroom today with Baekhyun, Sehun, Jihyun and Sohee." "Okay," says Kyungsoo. 

Jihyun suddenly says, "I'm sorry. I can't clean the class today." Jongdae asks Jihyun, "Are you not feeling well?" Jihyun nods. Jongdae says, "I'll take you to school infirmary so you can rest there before going home." 

"There is no need to rest in the infirmary, it's her heart that hurts," says Sohee, then she glances at Kyungsoo and says, "Someone has hurt her really badly." Seeing Kyungsoo is clueless to what Sohee said, Jongin says in his heart, "Kyungsoo is very good at pretending to be innocent eh?

Sehun says, "Then I'll go home too. I'm not feeling well today." Jongdae says, "Don't try to avoid your obligation or I will report you to the teacher tomorrow." Sehun pouts. Jongdae leaves the classroom with Jihyun. 

Sohee says, "Kyungsoo-ah. I'm Sohee, Jihyun is my best friend. Jihyun is hurt because of you. I want to cheer up Jihyun so I'll leave my work to you. You won't have problem with that, right?" Kyungsoo says guiltily, "I'm sorry if I hurt Jihyun. I really didn't mean it." Sohee says, "I know... She knows that too." Sohee leaves the classroom after saying that.

Baekhyun says, "Kyungsoo-ah, you are a bad guy. You hurt Jihyun, so you must be punished. You have to clean the classroom alone today." Baekhyun leaves after saying that.  Sehun follows Baekhyun to leave the classroom. Jongin says in his heart as he leaves the classroom, "Serve you right, Kyungsoo." 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

- Day 10 -

Jongdae and Kyungsoo are chatting in the classroom when Jongin enters the classroom in the morning. Sohee who has just entered the classroom, approaches Kyungsoo and says, "Hi, Kyungsoo. I'm Sohee. Can I see your math homework? I haven't done number 4 yet. I want to copy your answer." Kyungsoo immediately lends his math homework to Sohee. 

Jongin who is sitting behind Kyungsoo, starts to notice that anyone who wants to talk to Kyungsoo always introduces himself/herself to Kyungsoo before they start talking. Jongin looks at Kyungsoo while thinking, "What's wrong with Kyungsoo? Something is not right. Is Kyungsoo unable to remember people's faces? "

During lunch break, Jongin wants to test Kyungsoo to see if he's right about Kyungsoo not being able to remember people's faces. Jongin looks for Kyungsoo in the canteen but Kyungsoo is not there. Then Jongin goes to school backyard, there he sees Kyungsoo having lunch alone under the tree.

Jongin approaches Kyungsoo and says, "I'm Chanyeol. You owe me money. Pay me." Kyungsoo says, "You are not Chanyeol. I just talked to Chanyeol." Jongin says reflexively, "You're right. I'm not Chanyeol. I'm Jongin." Jongin falls silent and thinks, "Kyungsoo is able to remember people's faces. So, what's wrong with him? Was he just pretending all this time?

Kyungsoo asks, "Do I owe you money, Jongin? How much do I owe?" Jongin is puzzled, "Eh?"  Jongin says doubtfully, "Fifty... Thousand... Won." Kyungsoo says sorry and takes out his wallet right away, then he gives Jongin the money. Jongin gets annoyed, he says irritably, "What's wrong with you?? Are you going to give money to everyone who asks for it??" Kyungsoo says innocently, "You said I owed you. Of course I must pay you back."

Jongin yells at Kyungsoo, "You idiot!!" Kyungsoo becomes angry, he yells back at Jongin, "I'm not an idiot!!" Jongin yells back at Kyungsoo, "You're not only an idiot!! But you're also bad!! You keep hurting Jihyun's feeling!! You are also a coward!! You don't even fight back when you're bullied!!" Kyungsoo starts to cry. Jongin leaves Kyungsoo in anger.

Kyungsoo doesn't return to the class to study after lunch break, he goes home right away without taking his backpack.

When the class ends, Jongdae asks a volunteer to deliver Kyungsoo's backpack to Kyungsoo's house. Jongin who feels guilty, quickly says, "I will take it to Kyungsoo." Jongin goes to school administration office to ask for Kyungsoo's address, then he goes to Kyungsoo's house. 

Jongin presses the doorbell. Kyungsoo opens the door with a messy hair because he has just woken up from a nap. Jongin says guiltily, "Sorry about what happened earlier at school." Kyungsoo stares at Jongin in confusion and asks, "Who are you?" Jongin is shocked, "Huh???"