Chapter 2

As I started to walk away a strong blast of sea air washed over us. Hopefully I look over to my dad but when I saw his face my last bit of hope shattered. With every step he took I started shrinking away.

The look on his face was one of betrayal, shame and anger. I had honestly never seen my dad so angry in my life. Then once he reached me he looked my in the face and said seven words that broke me. Perseus, you are no longer my son!

At those word I felt something shatter within me. And in its place there was a emptiness that slowly started getting filled with something that felt suspiciously like anger. At that I start walking away from the only place I have ever called home, the place I had always been willing to give my life to protect.

BUT NO MORE. I start walking in a northern direction. My only hope now was to reach my mother's house and make a plan from there.

After about an hour and a half I reach the house Paul and my mom bought. But instead of it feeling like a place of joy it feels like a place of loneliness and desolation. I want to run, run from this feeling but I keep pushing forward until...

I see my mom and step-dad who both had a knife in their chests. A note is on the table. It reads: Percy you killed all those innocent people in the war, now I killed those that you love
Triton

Something else inside me breaks and all I feel now is nothing. No love no hope no happiness, nothing. And finally like a great building crashing down the last thing holding me together snaps and in its place is emptiness. Then the emptiness is replaced by anger, hate and pain.

I release it all at once, my anger at the camp for betraying me, my hate at a father who disowned me for lies and my pain at losing those I loved most. My power increases hundred fold, the water in the air around me starts forming into streams of water. Then the earth starts giving me its water. A ball of water forms around me while the sky darkens with lightning clouds spinning above.

Finally with a cry of agony I let all my pain out in one giant blast. And the last thing I see is a strange orange light moving towards me.