Ch. 4

As I finished getting dressed in my outfit, I went to go talk to Gramps and see if Lucy was going to join the team sense she was here. Walking down the hall I heard a girls cry and knew that it was Lucy's. Running over to Gramps office there was Lucy with her hood on laying on the floor crying. Gramps right by her side trying to calm her down but no use, so walking over there Gramps saw me and whispered to Lucy, 'I think it's time you let him know.' then he walked out of the room closing the door behind him. As Lucy looked behind her confused she saw me and ran up to me still crying. Shocked at first, I held her tightly letting her know I was right here. Slowly sitting on the floor I pulled Lucy's hood off so I could look at her chocolate brown eye's. Finally getting her attention, I held her face so she could look at me.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"My mom... I miss my mom..."

"What about your mom?"

"I MISS HER NATSU!!!"

As more tears start to stream down her red face, I let go of her face and brought her into an embrace. Holding her in my lap while she cried in my shoulder. 'Did her mother die or something?' Rubbing her back she started to calm down, looking down at her she opened her eyes but still looking at my chest while holding something.

"Your okay now, I'm right here for you if you need anyone to talk to."

She then got out of my lap and sat in front of me. Opening up her hand was a necklace with two hearts, she opened one of them and showed me it. It was a picture of what I assume was her and her mother, so I looked at the picture and then back at her.

"That's my mom and me when I was younger. She died when I was seven so her death was really hard for me."

"What's the other one?"

Hesitating, she took the necklace and opened the other heart. Looking at it she held the heart tightly and then with a deep breath she handed me the other one and as I looked at it, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was me and Lucy when we where little, looking at her for answers she went and got the picture she took from the wall and showed it to me. Yet again it was me and her from our younger age and two others in the back.

"What is this?"

"That's me and you when we were younger. I didn't remember myself till gramps told me and the memory came back."

"Who are those two?"

"Oh, well, that's my br-brother, and his friend Rouge."

Looking at it once again, Lucy's hand reached over touching the picture of where me and Lucy where. "Can I ask you a question Natsu?"

"Of course you can."

"Do you remember a promise from when you where little or remember how you got that scarf?"

Confused I sat there trying to think, I do remember a promise and I can't ever forget how I got my scarf. My best friend made it for me, could it have been Lucy?

"I remember promising a friend that we would always be together, as for my scarf, my best friend made it for me and I promised I would never take it off."

"Do you know who or what your friend looks like or name?"

Looking back in my past it wouldn't come up so with a sigh I shook my head, "I don't remember what she looks like and her name is somewhere in there."

"How about I help you."

"How?"

"Does Celestial Queen ring a bell."

Knowing that I gave my friend that name I looked at Lucy with shocked. 'That explains the pictures of me and her when we were young.'

"I missed you my dragon.."