Chapter 1

Y/n's pov:

I was waiting for my mom to arrive with her husband and his son who will be my step brother. I was definitely not looking forward to this. I never knew my mom would move on from my dad that easily. My dad passed away due to cancer last year. She loved him a lot but I never knew this day would come that I will have a stepfather and a stepbrother.

I let it all aside as I thought of what my dad told me before leaving. "Everyone deserves a second chance. Everyone makes mistakes and they should be forgiven. It shows how big is your heart." I smiled unknowingly. I heard the mom's car pull up in the drive way. "Okay it's time..." I fixed my outfit before getting up to greet them.

"Hey sweetie! Meet Mark and his son Jace." You were greeted by a huge smile by your stepdad whereas Jace stood there rolling his eyes. I pulled out my hand and waited for Jace. I could see his dad nudge him. He finally held my hand and quickly pulled away. I guess he is going through the same as me. I brushed it all off and helped mom with the bags. "It is really nice to meet you y/n. I have heard a lot from your mother about you." I giggled.

"It's nice to meet you both as well. Mom told me about you two. I was excited to meet you all." I had to say he was a nice guy. His smile looked genuine, not fake at all. I couldn't say the same about his son. He was quite the whole time with his headphones on. "I know it will be hard for you to accept us but I would appreciate if you would give us a chance." I smiled and looked at mom who was smiling as well.

"What can I call you?" I saw his lips from into a huge smile. "Anything you would like." I hummed then looked at mom. "Is it okay if I call you Mr. Norman?" He quickly nodded. "I don't mind at all." I grinned. I was not feeling awkward at all. Looks like dad was right. We should give people a chance. "Oh y/n take Jace to his room." I nodded and got up. I saw Jace let out a sigh and got up as well.

Some people need a lot of time to except reality. "This is your room." I saw him look around and nod. "If you need anything my room is right next to yours." He was looking outside the window. "Are you really happy?" I was taken aback. What was his talking about? "About what?" He turned and looked at me with expressionless face. "Your mom getting married to my dad and us living under one roof." His voice was cold. "Our parents always sacrifice their happiness and sadness for us. This time it was my turn."

He just looked at me then scoffed. "Well it is not my turn. Now please leave." His attitude was definitely getting on my nerves. I took a deep breath as I closed the door behind me. "He needs time." I saw mom standing in front of me with a weak smile. "I know." I smiled back and went to my room.

*Time Skip*

"Y/n, Jace come eat dinner!" I heard my mom yell from the kitchen. I closed my laptop and went downstairs. I helped my mom set up the table.
Mr. Norman helped us as well. It felt good to see mom happy after a long time. I then saw Jace coming downstairs. We all sat down and started eating. "So y/n...How are studies going?" I cleared my throat. "It's going great. I'm working on getting a scholarship." He hummed. "That's great! Your mom told me how good you are in studies. You will definitely get it." I smiled.

"Jace will be joining your college as well. You both will get to know each other more." I saw Jace roll his eyes. Is he ever going to except us as a family? I kept on eating while mom and Mr. Norman kept on talking about random things.

Jace's pov:

I can't believe y/n excepted her mom to be my dad's wife. How can she move on from her dad so fast? Whatever. I just don't want her near me. I kept on munching my food until dad said I'll be joining her college. My life couldn't get any worst.

As I was done eating I got up and left. I could hear
others talking and giggling. Sighing deeply, I went in my room and locked it. I took out my mom's picture that was our family photo. "How can you leave me like this? I don't wanna have a new family." I didn't notice my tears flowing. I quickly wiped them away and kept her photo back inside my book.

*Time Skip*

I woke up as I felt sun light enter my room through the white curtains. It was my first day at the new college. I decided not to talk to y/n and ignore her. I got ready and went downstairs to find y/n and my dad already on the breakfast table while her mom was making pancakes. "I'm going." With that I left. I could hear my dad call me but I jus kept on going. As I got near the college I heard someone yelling my name. It was y/n. I rolled my eyes and waited as it was a bit busy road.

"Dude you need to stop." Y/n was panting. "Here." She held out a bag. "Mom told me to give you your breakfast." I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Not wanting to talk to her I just grabbed the bag and crossed the road. I could feel that she was following me. "Can you stop following me!" I raised my voice in  annoyance. "I'm not following you. I go to the same college." She walked past me. I slapped myself in my head as I forgot. Her tone was cold.

We both got inside our class. Unfortunately we had the first class with each other. I just took a seat without talking to anyone. I could feel girls staring at me. "Y/n~~" a girl yelled. "Hey girl! Dude that guy is hot." I scoffed. I felt y/n roll her eyes. "Forget this. I have to show you something!" She pulled out a Sketch book. I never knew she could draw.

"Omg! Y/n this is epic!! Mr. Kim would love it!" I wonder who that is. Brushing off the curiosity, I saw the teacher walk in. The class started and everyone went silent.

The class ended. I was near my locker when I saw a guy around my age with a leather jacket walk up to y/n. Y/n's locker was not far from mine so it was easy to hear what they were saying. "Hey baby. Wanna come over to my house after class?" I could sense he was a playboy. "Mark get this in your head. I am never gonna fall for you charms, so give up already. Go ask those girls who are drooling over you." I didn't know y/n could be like this. I for some reason felt proud.

Ugh Jace what is wrong with you?! She is not your family! "Come in babygirl don't make me beg." A weird feeling took over me. "I am not your babygirl. Get out of here before I call the principal." I felt myself smirk. Which quickly vanished as I heard the bell ring.

"I will have you one day y/n." I heard Mark say with a smirk. I felt myself heating up with anger for some reason. Snap out of it Jace! Why do you care?!