5 | what happened in potions

Disclaimer : The story's events do NOT follow the movie order.

Y/n Garner's POV-

Today will be discussing the basic rules of concocting potions". The professor stated, his tone was sly and frankly scared the shit out of me.

"You and your designated partner shall fill out the parchment that you see infront of you now. Once completed, you are to start working on the basic potion of the calming draught. Those done successfully will be donated to Madame Pomfrey in the nurse wing.". He ended with a look to of anyone who wasn't paying attention.

-

We sat in silence majority of the class period. It was boring, awkward, and frankly annoying.

I ended up writing all the answers to the short questions asked, by myself. Draco just sat there adjusting his silver rings and tapping his quill against the table.

"I'm finished." . I spoke up to him.

"Congratulations".

"Drac-.. Malfoy. You're gonna help me with the potion.".

"No."

"My god. Why are you like this. Can't you just put in your part and then we can be done". Honestly it wasn't just about his lack of effort, I just simply know I can't complete this assignment correctly by myself. Although, convincing this boy was harder than it seemed. And begging him just fueled his immeasurable ego.

"You're more than capable to do it by yourself". Still fiddling with those goddamn rings.

What is this boy's issue.

"Look at me when i'm talking to you" . I snapped.

He looked up, almost with shock .His eyes met mine. They were colored with shades of silver and layered with cold grey sparks.

"This is all you're getting". He spoke.

"Screw this." . I Abruptly got up to grab a large metal cauldron that was twice size of me of the shelf.

The heavy material was more than overpowering my strength to carry it back. The thin handle attached at the top was no help either. Just like Draco.

I tried my best to drag the large pot back to the table.

"You're struggling". Draco spoke. he sat there admiring the sight of me squirming in attempt.

"Yeah no shit captain obvious".

"That's funny" he spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"Opposite of you". I mumbled.

"What'd you say Garner?"

"Wouldn't you like to know".

He rolled his eyes and stuck his middle finger up.

"How mature Malfoy."

-

With One final pull with the little arm strength I had, the metal cauldron was lifted. I held the pot closely to my chest. The strain on one arm to the other was hard to manage as I shuffled my way back.

I gently sat the material down.

The potions book was opened in front, as I started to list ingredients mentally to bring back with me.