24 | a helpful hand

as requested..

Draco's POV -

Parkinson was always forcing me to go on *late* night walks with her, as if there was even a chance of romance with her.

She would ramble on about how she was better than Garner, which was an obvious lie. She could never compare to Garner, not even level with her.

It almost felt like a horrid one sided relationship, Parkinson talking over everything I've brought up or suggested. Bloody annoying.

It was a Monday evening, and Pansy forced me to go one of her stupid walks among the hallways. She gripped on to my side arm quite tightly, but I didn't resist. To be honest I didn't care anymore.

Forgetting Garner was the most ideal thing to do.

We were turning the corner only to find Potter and Garner, talking amongst themselves. Pansy observed this aswell. I suggested we turn back around, even though I love a fight with Potter, I couldn't hurt Garner anymore.

But Parkinson refused, and practically strut her way over to the two.

The first thing I took into account was Potter's bloody red hands. Stupidly enough, I made a joke about Cedric's death. Being completely ignorant as to Garner and Diggory's friendship.

Garner's face turned pale. The once hidden hands she had, were now waved in my face. Just by instinct I could tell something was off.

I grabbed her hand to examine her deeply wounded hands. Cuts and lines of red blood oozed out among her soft flesh. What the fuck did Potter do to her. I would kill whoever gave her these harsh injuries.

But Potter had the same cuts, so it couldn't have been him. I would be quick to question her, but showing worry towards her would utterly destroy the plan of ignoring.

She made a small noise when I grabbed her hand. She rapidly pulled her arms back behind her. I hate the fact that I inflicted or added pain to her. Whether that be mentally or physically. But honestly I just did both.

Pits of jealousy felt like they were evolving, seeing Potter taking care of the one girl that used to be mine. Who made me feel like a different person, like I could change from my fathers destined ways. But a wrench got thrown in the plans we thought we had.

She was in obvious pain. The more time spent talking to Pansy, was just one more drop of blood spilt on the ground. She could faint soon.

The one time in my life, the jealousy flipped to being thankful for Potter. He took her to the hospital wing, where she'd hopefully be given the treatment she needed.

It had been three days since I saw her hands, since she could physically use her hands.

Despite my wanting, I had been the one to bring her whatever homework she'd missed. I tried to convince Snape to not have ME be the person for this job, but he said same house same homework. Which made no fucking sense.

I'd end up leaving her books at her bedside late at night, mostly when she'd be sleeping.

Today, I crept in with the textbooks in hand, but it was later than usual. There she was, resting peacefully on the white bed. Her eyelids fluttered from the wind produced by the overhead fan, her head tilted to the side, and hands at her side. She looked perfect.