25 | the D.A

Disclaimer : The story's events do NOT follow the movie order.

Y/n Garner's POV -

I finally regained feeling among my hands. Thank God for that one. Sleeping in that creepy medical wing, and having late night interactions with Draco was not on my to do list anymore.

I was on my way to the Slytherin dungeons went Harry came running at me.

"I need your help." He said breathlessly.

"With..?" I questioned his fast paced sentence.

"A group to help teach defensive spells."

"No." My mouth spoke quicker than my mind.

"Pleaseee. You know so much from American school."

"No. I don't want more detention". It's true. Going a week without hands was the worst.

"You'd be our leg up. We need you"

"Why are you doing this?"

"So there's not another incident where we're not prepared" . I knew Harry was implying Cedric, just knew better than to say it.

I took a moment to really analyze the positive outcome of this. More kids would be educating on how to defend themselves. So in the end, yes, this would be worth it.

"Fine."

"Yes! thank you. First meeting's tonight. Be outside the room of requirements." He gave an awkward side hug and carried on running to whoever next he was recruiting.

It was the end of the day so I had time to take up studying in the courtyard.

The grass was dying, the chilled air crept among my warm skin. It was almost winter and it was freezing outside. But the cool air relaxed me in a way, that no room in Hogwarts could.

I took my spot on the set up tables, under the bare leafed trees and where the fast wind rode along my hair.

I swear Umbridge developed a bold type of hatred towards me because she assigned me the most complex assignments. More difficult than anyone in the class.

I pulled the heavy brown paperbacked textbook from my bag and opened to page 567. The words were small and faint, the book was likely to be old. My finger attempted to follow the line i was reading, but kept getting lost along the multiple look alike sentences.

I let out a loud "Fuck" and slammed the book closed. Doing Umbitch's homework was the last thing to cause me anxiety.

"You looked stressed.."..."As always." A voice was mocking me from behind.

"Good to see you too Blaise." I turned my head to face him.

"And what is Miss. America workin on today", He glided himself to take the seat next to me.

"Umbridge. I swear to God she assigns me the most out of everyone.", I ended up just shoving the huge book back in my bag.

"Oh she didn't give me homework." He boasted back.

"Great. So it's true."

He laughed and began to look over the other papers scattered around the table. The other trillion assignments i've yet to complete.

"I'm sorry Draco's such a dick now..." He was peering at the fields beyond the courtyard.

What an odd topic to bring out of nowhere.