16 | apologies mean nothing

Disclaimer : The story's events do NOT follow movie order.

Y/n Garner's POV -

"You need to eat Garner." Draco was softly stroking the tangled strands of tangled hair.

The morning sunshine was far past, leaving me with a chilled, despairing afternoon.

I felt like I was crumbling from the inside out. Too exhausted to move, my voice broken from the wailing cries. I could feel the dark circles spread under my eyes, like a virus caused by the curse of being burned out.

I didn't sleep at all, but neither did he. He refused to unless I did, he couldn't let me face with my thoughts alone.

For some strange reason, Draco accompanied me the whole night, let me cradle against his body while he stayed mute. He remained my protector in this horrible nightmare that I couldn't seem to escape.

The air was crisp and cold knocking into my heavy breathing lungs. He brought up food, the absolute opposite of what sounded good. I Just wanted Ced back, but no one had that ability to bring him back.

So I remain unsatisfied. For whatever comes next, it won't be more heartbreaking than this.

"You need to get up." He spoke slightly louder.

No response.

"Garner."..."I'm being serious."

No response.

Maybe this is where his lecture comes in. His powerful speech of what he truly means by his no word actions.

"I'm asking nicely. Let's go."

My eyes looked up to his, does he seriously think I wanna take care of myself right now? Memories of the boy I just lost were flooding back, I could do nothing but replay them.

"Taking care of yourself is crucial" He started to sound like a therapist, like he would know what's best for me.

Except he does. Because currently, I'm blinded to see the good in anything.

" I can't take care of myself, I couldn't even take care of Cedric". I was stating the miserable truth.

Loads of Denial, self pity, maybe even a combination of those words was an understatement of a definition. But, add in self hate, and blame, well there's a statement to describe these frantic emotions.

"I'll help you.".. "But you need to let me". He stood up from the ground, leaving it to be only myself on the cold floor.

"Now Let's go." He added. His hand reaching down to hold mine.

A spare moment of vulnerability from him. A strand if kindness I never knew he had. I suppose death brings out the best of us, a negative effect while holding a powerful outcome.

My hand reached for his. His arms gently easing me up right, and his body supporting mine. I felt uneasy and excessively weak. My legs could give out from staying in such a compact position all night.

"Jesus Christ. You're never this cold Garner." He stated the obvious while holding my chilled hand to examination, he stared with a look of intimidation.

I didn't respond, what was I to say? * oh yeah I know, my warmth was sucked out of my soul like a dementors kiss*? No, and even if a dementor did come and steal something from me, there'd be nothing to steal. Cedric was my happy memory, and God already stole him.