10 | opposites don't attract

Disclaimer - The story's events do NOT follow movies order.

Y/n Garner POV-

        "He said dragon's?" Why would fighting a dragon be the first task. Again. Like I said, dangerous.

"I mean I don't think he would lie about it" Cedric spoke back with his hands draping over my shoulder.

       "I never said he was, I'm just saying it seems a little...sus."

His eyes looked me dead in mine , maybe searching for my validation.

"I feel like you're still not okay with this"

"And you're right. I'm not."..."But if you're happy you're doing this thin i'm happy for you." I continued.

"And that's why you're my favorite sister." He spoke through a wide shiny grin.

I pulled his body into a tight hug. The white tent was blowing in the wind as the first task was in five minutes. His head rested on top of mine. A loud sharp shutter noise and blonde lady popped out. A floating piece of parchment and a quill was in front.

      "7th year Competitor Cedric Diggory wishes his goodbye to his 6th year girlfriend Y/n Garner. A true story of friends to lovers". She ended with a loud laugh. She just falsified our whole relationship.

      "Rita Skeeter, she makes up everything then publishes it." Cedric stated whilst peeking out of the tent.

           "Pretty sure that's like illegal." I said back to him with a blank face.

Actually yes that is illegal. Publishing fake news, that'll cause major issues. That's gonna start with Brynn. I won't ever stop hearing about this article.

          "CEDRIC DIGGORY" the voice boomed through the microphones speakers out in the arena.

His eyes flickered down to mine, he let out a gentle sigh.

"Hey you're fine. You got this." Trying to keep stable is my only mission currently.

He nodded and slowly walked out.

Cedric came out to be victorious of the first task. The golden egg in hand as he walked to his friends.

In came Brynn with a mischievous smile curved on her lips, holding a written piece of parchment. Oh no.

     "I knew it." She yelled in my face. She threw down the parchment and pointed tot he section of me and Cedric.

"Are you kidding me? " She literally walked in on us hugging and then added on a shit ton of lies".

Her eyebrows raised up at me and her narrowed eyes scanned my face for any sign of uncertainty.

               "Fine bu-"

    Someone cut her off, "So it's true! You and the Hufflepuff huh?"

          "Who are you?" Brynn snapped. One thing she hates the most is being interrupted.

" Malfoy. Draco, Malfoy" . His two guard dogs behind him, aka brainless Crabbe and and Goyle.