22 | umbitch

Disclaimer : The story's events do NOT follow the movie order.

Y/n Garner's POV :

Standing infront of a crowd and NOT being able to project a Patronus definitely goes on the list of embarrassment.

I saw the way each student stared at me, the way pity flickered in their eyes. Even Draco. But God, I really don't give a subtle fuck about Draco. The pathetic, stupid, vile, cowardly liar.

Couldn't even face me in the train cart, yet has the audacity to feel sorry for me in class.

Not even that he didn't tell me about this on that ONE day during summer, but the notion that he would swoop that low for a girl like Pansy. Felt almost, degrading in a way. a downgrade from my body, my personality, my moral being.

No happy memory. Kinda ironic. In the moment, I thought of Cedric, but his lifeless eyes kept revisiting my mind. Then, tried to think of that stupid boy, because as much as I hate it, that one day I did find myself to be happy. But the anger I felt towards him wiped the certain day out.

Lastly, my sisters. digging to the every part of my imagination to try and stir a joyful memory with Kayla or Brynn. Nothing. Almost as if every situation or idea of them was gone. Like my mind said they didn't exist.

I pushed my luck too far. No happy memory.

A new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher was placed in after Lupin mysteriously disappeared. I pray he's okay, he really did remind me of my father. Gentle, loving, inspiring and most of all understanding. he took his time with the students and excepted the fact that everyone has bad days, their own personal struggles.

The new Professor who's name was Umbridge?, although students were quick to name her umbitch, had an organized seating chart for the class like we were all 5 years old.

"Slytherins shall sit with Gryffindors!", her smile was creepy big and the pink dress up was definitely not one to suit her.

Majority of the Slytherins let out comments about having to sit even close to our opposing house. But I wasn't really complaining because I was assigned with harry, with Ron and Hermione near by.

Ron actually sat with Malfoy behind me. I found it funny how I could completely ruin Draco's Slytherin reputation, by simply telling everyone he wore Ron's shirt. I wasn't going to, but it was noted on how much power I held.

"..Commonly known as,OWL'S. Study hard and you will be rewarded! Fail to do so.. and the consequences may be, Severe.". The professors voice was strange. Light and laughable but extremely high pitched. Most annoying If I do say.

Her wand was flicked up causing piles of textbooks to be floated down on each of our tables. I opened the book to graze over what material we'd be studying, as did everyone else.

"There's nothing in here about defensive spells.." Hermione said what the population of us were thinking.

The pink professor laughed, "Using spells?".."Well I can't imagine why you'd need to use spells in my classroom".

"We're not gonna use magic?". Ron was agreeing with Hermione.

"You'll be learning about defensive spell in a secure, risk free way" Umbridge spoke with her hands clasped together.

"Well What use is that? If were gonna be attacked, it won't be risk free" Harry spoke up next to me.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class". Her light tone turned harsh, as if she was singly out Harry.