GARDENIA (for emotional strength)

The supply ship landed safely three days later. Finn and Zhen donned their sleek designated Extravehicular Mobility Unit (EMU) suits and were guided down to the moon's surface where there was a rover waiting for them. The rover's driver was introverted, only speaking a few words through the whole trip. Not that Finn minded. Driving across the moon's surface wasn't something that happened every day. Her head might have as well have been on a swivel. That is until they finally reached the moon base.

"Holy shit!" said Zhen.

"Yeah," Finn agreed.

The driver stayed silent, which seemed impossible. How could anyone get used to this enough to not exclaim in awe at the sight of it? That just seemed insane. The main feature of the base was this massive circular structure made of three rings that rotated on a central column taller than any skyscraper on Earth. This was the residential hub of the Lunar base, housing every resident on the moon. It was the only place on the lunar surface with artificial Earth gravity, which ensured the health and wellbeing of the long-term moon's inhabitants. The rover went right up to the skyscraper column, where there was a sealed parking structure inside. Once parked they changed into lunar base standard gear, sleek flight-suit inspired jumpsuits worn over a self-cleaning T-shirt and underwear.

They took the elevator to the level of the rings that were silently and smoothly rotating on massive maglev rails. Once at the Ring Level, the elevator changed directions and matched the rotation of the rings, guiding them to the furthest ring, which held most of the cabins. It was weird to step out of the elevator and feel the pull of gravity after days in zero gravity. Weird, but welcome. Technically they were standing sideways, but it didn't feel like that at all because everything around them was upright, built towards the centrifugal force. It was a bit of a mind bend to think about it.

"Finnegan Darrow," said the handsome man walking towards them. He was Adonis in human form, having just decided to come chill with the humans on the moon. Chiseled facial features, tall, dark Mediterranean skin and jet black hair. He smiled, and time probably stopped. "When I heard you'd cancelled it broke my heart. I'm glad you changed your mind."

Finn couldn't help smiling back. "Hello Darren."

"How was the trip?" he asked.

"I think I have a crick in my neck from just staring at the Earth the whole time," said Finn laughing, although it was true. The views out of the rocket's ports were intensely awe inspiring. She felt like a different person from Finn three days in the past.

"Hello Finn." He hugged her. Close. Very close. Too close.

Finn pulled out of the hug and pointed to Zhen. "Um... This is Zhen, my girlfriend."

"Oh?" said Darren, offering a hand. "Good to meet you, Zhen."

Zhen shook his hand and smiled. "You too, Darren."

"When you said you were bringing a friend, I didn't think it would be a girlfriend," Darren said, turning back to Finn. "I guess my heart gets to stay broken."

Finn turned to Zhen, "Darren was the one who offered me the invite."

"You owed me. Besides, you've changed the world, Finn. I wanted you to see how," said Darren with a shrug. "I also did it because you're a gorgeous, amazing and wonderful person that I wanted to get to know... more personally. I thought you were single?"

"You're pretty direct, aren't you?" Zhen asked. There was a tinge of annoyance in her voice. Finn smiled. Her 'jealous girlfriend' act was on point. Thank you, Zhen. Darren could be abrasive.

Darren turned to her and smiled. "If I was really direct, I'd ask if you two were in an open relationship, and if not, if you were interested in one with me."