7. you make we wanna love, hate, cry, take every part of you

warnings: nsfw content

That were the worst twenty-four hours in Daniel's life. He barely slept at night, because when he did he dreamt about all those ways in which Zoe could be hurt. Daniel knew exactly what Romain was capable of. He was trained in the same way as The Frenchman. He knew where to punch, so the person begged for mercy. He knew where to cut, so the person bled out in seconds. During the day, Daniel found himself busy with preparing weapons for himself and Nico. Each gun was cleaned more than once as he wanted to stay focus on their mission. Romain woke up the beast inside him and that beast was hungry, although Nico warned him there will be no shooting each other down. They priority was to get Zoe back. Besides it was obvious that Romain won't be alone and consequently brothers didn't stood a chance. The text with Romain's address arrived an hour before scheduled time of the meeting. How generous of him. They prepared to leave in silence. Daniel took two guns and put them behind his back, his jacket followed. Nico did the same thing, though he brought a few knives to throw just in case. On their way to the harbor neither of them dared to speak. Daniel was too pumped to think straight and Nico preferred to wait for his brother to cool down after everything will be over. When they arrived at the harbour it was already dark. Three cars awaited them with their lights turned on. Daniel got out from the car first, immediately looking for Zoe. Nico followed him, not turning the engine off. "Where is he?" Two of Romain's men looked at each other, until one of them moved towards the middle car and opened the back door. Romain got out of the vehicle. He told his man to stay in place and went to greet them. "Do you enjoy the view?" Romain asked, pointing at his scar when standing face to face with the last members of East Coast crew. "You did this to me, Danny". He said it in the way that was supposed to make Daniel feel sorry for him. "Piss me off and I'll do it again". Daniel stepped forward, but Nico stopped him with his extended arm. "We came here for Zoe. Can we please just get her back and part ways?". Nico's inner diplomat tried to take control over the situation. "Zoe! Don't hide. Come here". Romain yelled like a mother who's calling her child for dinner, in the same time waving at his man who stayed next to the car. The minion walked around the vehicle and opened the door on the opposite side. He leaned inside, brutaly pulling Zoe out by her bruised forearms. She fought him as she had no idea what's going on. While outside she managed to scratch he's face, but the man didn't like it. "Bitch!" He screamed, throwing her on the ground. "Kimi, be nice to the lady". Romain politely asked, not even turning around. Kimi eyed him, while checking his face. Apparently, he didn't like being told what to do, but he picked the girl up making her stand on her feet and walk to his boss. She looked up at Romain, then she saw Nico and Daniel. Her heart skipped a beat, a sigh of relief escaped her dry lips.

Daniel stepped forward, although there was still a few meters distance between them, Nico didn't stop him this time. "It was nice to meet you, Zoe". Romain put a kiss on her healthy cheek, before pushing her away as a sign she can go free. Daniel made another step forward to encourage her to keep going. He took is jacket off as she was dressed only in plain t-shirt and jeans. Zoe was walking faster and faster, feeling more confident when she was leaving Romain behind, although her legs didn't want to listen to her anymore. She didn't eat anything since few hours before the performance, neither she drank water. Her whole body was sore from sleeping on the floor, but now it didn't matter, because she had Daniel in front of her with his arms wide open. Daniel, not Romain. On the other side, Daniel could see more clearly the bruise on her left cheek and cut on her lower lip. Her cry of pain heard through Nico's phone replayed in his head. As Zoe was about to reach towards Daniel's hands, Romain without a warning pulled a gun from behind his belt. He pointed it to the ground and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit the spot between Zoe's legs, fragments of it burning her skin. She screamed, covering her ears in the same moment. She lost control over her tired and now hurt limbs, but Daniel was there to catch her. Nico pulled his guns from behind him. He stepped forward, pointing them at Romain who clearly was having fun, while covering his brother and Zoe with his own body. "It's just for fun, Nico. Chill out a bit".