Part three: The Relief

You peek over the self and are relieved it isn't Riley. You think to yourself, "where are the police?"  Then you worry that they won't come. The man that walked in earlier saw you panicking. "Hey, hey. You ok?" You sink slowly down to the floor. You're still very drunk. "What's wrong?" He asks. You tell him what's happening and you watch as he slowly peeks over the shelf. Riley is still there. "Do you know him at all?" You shake your head. "The c-c-cashier called the p-police. I d-don't think they're c-c-coming though" He replies "If the police don't come, would you like to come home with me or is someone else come to pick you up?" "I d-don't know t-that many p-people that w-would pick me up at t-this hour. I-if its not t-too much tr-" he cuts you off. "Its no trouble at all." You both awkwardly sit there and drunk hiccups come every few seconds. Its been 30 minutes and you don't see Riley anymore. The police still haven't came. The man starts to stand up. You open the freezer to grab the ice cream sandwiches. "Really?" You look at the man and say "what, they look really good" You walk up to the register and the cashier says "I'm sorry, I don't know why they didn't come." You say to him "Its fine, I'll take these" He grabs the box of ice cream and scans it. He tells you the price and you pull out your wallet. "Would you like me to pay?" You shake your head and say "I got it". You pay, and say to the man "Be careful he could still be around." You stumble out the door with the man walking out in front of you. He tells you to stay close and directs you to his car.