Part 11: The Move

Your POV
You're in Jack's passenger seat, driving to that coffee shop to meet Mark. But you have something bothering you.

You need to go back to Her house to get your stuff.

Jack pulls up to Leif's and parks the car. You open the car door and start walking with Jack. "He'll be dude with the luscious black hair. You'll know when you see him" Jack says. You look at him and confusingly say "O-ok". He opens the door for you and you playfully say "Why thank you kind sir." He bows and says "Anything for someone of the likes of you." You giggle and walk in. You scan the room and see a man. With luscious black hair. "Hey, Mark!" Jack exclaimed. Mark looks up and smiles. "Hey there Jack. And this is..." Jack puts his arm around your shoulder. "This right here, is (Y/N). The famed (Y/N) that needs a place to stay." You roll your eyes. "Hey Mark, thanks for meeting with us here." He laughs. "Anytime dude, I've been looking for a roomie for a bit now. Let's sit." Jack leans toward you while Mark looks for a seat. "I'll get us something, on me. You know what you want me to get you?" You look at him. "I'm sure there's no way you'll accept a no from me, so I'll just take uh.... Heh, I'll get a 'devil's hot piss'. It is spooky season after all." You laugh at your remark. "So, there's a dark roast for me. The devil's hot piss for you. And I'll just get Mark his usual." You glare at him and glance over at Mark and see he's motioning to the 'perfect' table. You walk over and sit while Mark sits across from you. Jack speeds over to go order. Mark starts to talk. "So, just to reiterate, I'm Mark. I'm 31. Let's see uh... Oh! I do the YouTubes." He chuckles at his remark. "Hah, you're funny. So I'm (Y/N). I'm 27. I like listening to music. And I'm the one looking for a place to stay." You make finger guns at him and make a clicking noise with your tongue. "Any particular reason why?" You look at him confused. "What do you mean?" You ask. "I mean, is there a reason why you need a place to stay?" You feel tears prick your eyes thinking about the answer to that question. One rolls down your cheek. You have a flashback to what happened. She left you. For someone else. You loved her. "Woah, you ok? Sorry for the question. You don't have to answer." You quickly wipe the tear away and calm yourself down. "No no, it's fine. I'm fine. You didn't know. I-i'll tell you soon. D-don't bring this up to Jack alright?" He nods. "W-where do you have your stuff? So we can uh... Go pick it up and take it to my place." Jack comes back with the drinks. "Here's Ash's hot piss. Here's Mark's sexual aftermath. And my dark roast. Are we familiar with each other now?" Mark nods. "Yeah pretty much. So Jack, you know where are we going to pick up (Y/N)'s stuff?" He shakes his head. "Uh... Not really. Ash, care to enlighten us?" He says, looking your way. You gulp and decide to tell them. "I guess I should tell you now huh..." They look at you, perplexed. You sigh and continue. "Well, me and Jack met while I was drunk. I went to the bar because..." You sniffle. "Because my girlfriend left me for someone else. And we need to go there to get my things." You had enough. You broke down crying. Right in front of your friends. They huddled close. You cry in Mark's arms. "S-she left me. F-for someone e-else. I lov-" Marks deep comforting voice cuts you off. "It's alright Ash. Let it out. It's alright. He wraps his arms around you. Jack rubs your back. "It's gonna be ok Ash. We'll get your stuff for you. You won't even need to see her." Mark sits you upright. "Yeah! We'll grab your stuff and that'll be the end of it. Alright?" You slowly nod and take a sip of your beverage. "T-thanks guys." Mark and Jack both laugh. "HA! Anything for a friend." Mark says. "Let's go now. We're going to get everything." You nod and Jack starts to walk to the door.