Guilt or Pride

~~~~With England, America, and Italy~~~~

The walk down to the Annex felt longer then it really was. Italy stood between England and America, feeling crushed by the tension between the two. England was already in a bad mood with how America has been acting and with (Name) who had slugged him leaving  a bruise on his cheek leaving him really surprised that she would ever even raise a hand to one of them. Then again, she probably felt bad about it and would apologies later.

They got to the stairs of the annex and upon the first step the mood turned worse then it was before. It was like the annex was stored with pain and agony. Italy looked around confused, this was his first time with in the annex and he was confused as to why he hadn't stumbled upon it in any of the other loops. they walked through this wooden doo r at the end of the hallway. It opened up to a big room with many different books and a giant table. After looking around for a bit Italy went over to America. 

"You know, I don't really know if we've ever been here before or if I've just forgotten it.." Italy confessed. England walked over with a huff.

"It can't be just this. I'll take another look in that room over there." England said as he pointed over to the door in the corner. England walked off leaving Italy and America alone. Italy looked over at the un-normally quiet American.

"America..... What do you have in mind?" Italy asked. America jumped a little looking like he was just pulled from his thoughts.

"Who, me? Nothing at all. Hey your the one who said we should work together." America said almost snidely. Italy frowned.

"Can I tell you something, as your senior?" Italy jumped in. America made a face that showed he had forgotten Italy was older then him. "If you want to lie, at least make it convincing, or else people will see right through it, just like it happened to me." Italy almost snapped. America looked puzzled.

"Wh-What are you talking about? I'm not hiding anything. Just look at me. Do I look like I'm lying?" America asked struggling to keep a smile on his face. Italy frowned.

"You know, America....mayby you should have learned to smile a little more naturally." Italy said, throwing America's words back at his face. America gave a wide eyes look. America sighed with a a pained smile.

"To think that.. You'd say that to me.. I feel like I'm getting a taste of my own medicine....  But Italy... I-!" Another voice stopped him dead in his tracks.

"I couldn't find anything. Maybe there's a clue on these shelves? You look the ones over there and-" America stepped forward with a determined look.

"England. I am pretty confident in my skills and abilities. Thats why I was able to grow up and come this far. Isn't that right?" America asked England. England looked confused. "That's why I wont accept it. Even though you were defeated, you saved me and in the end died... I'm the hero. It is up to me... I'd rather be the one doing the saving." America clenched his fist with a determined look. "I'll prove it to you. This time, I'll save you guys." America exclaimed with loud voice showing his fight. 

The room shook and they all looked over to see a giant monster had appeared. America shoved England out of the way.