Prolouge

Leonardo walked through the lair with his mind on a thought that he desperately tried to push away. He walked past the living room where his brothers and their girlfriends were having date night. They were watching movies,laughing, and kissing. He gave them a smile as he passed by, glad to see them all happy. It had been 5 months since the whole thing with Mikey and the Foot.

Life was good.

"Leo were about to watch another movie. Wanna join?"

Liz said sitting down with a bowl of popcorn. He smiled and waved  at her and the others.

"Thank you for the offer but I will have to respectfully decline."

The blue clad turtle said as he picked up his katanas. They all sighed for this wasn't the first time he had turned down their offers.

"Where are you going fearless?"

Raph asked. The blue masked turtle smiled softly before answering his brother.

"I'm going to patrol the sewer."

Before anyone could say anything else he disappeared into the darkness of the sewers.

When he was out of sight he let out sigh. He slowly walked through the darkness ignoring the sounds of the busy streets above. He loved his brothers and their girlfriends but nowadays whenever he was around them he felt alone.

He tried his best to fight that feeling knowing that it was his fault that he was still alone. He had saved many girls, but never once ever considered revealing himself to them, none of them had really caught his attention. He also knew his past helped hold him back, also causing his trust issues.

"Stay away from me!"

He stopped hearing the voice of a young girl above him. He knew he was directly below an abandon alleyway. Without hesitating he very quietly found the manhole cover moving it to the side. Without drawing attention to him he rose from the underneath and hid himself in the darkness.

He saw four Purple Dragons surrounding a girl.

"You shouldn't have ran away sweetheart. Did you think we wouldn't find you?"

The main dragon said as he stood directly in front of her. The leader in blue moved closer to get a better view, quietly making his way onto the fire escape so that he could get a better look at the scene before him. He saw two big guys holding the young girls arms to wall. He still couldn't get a good look at her.

"I thought you were to stupid to follow."

Her voice held sarcasm causing the turtle to smirk. The man growled before stepping closer to her.

"You know Jason wanted you. He didn't say in perfect condition."

He brought his hand up connecting with her face. Leo decided then he had seen enough with a thud he landed behind them.

"Let the lady go."

The turtle said with authority distracting the man, giving the young girl her opportunity. She brought her leg up kicking him right below the abdomen. The main guy fell forward in pain, everything else happened in a flash.

By the time it was over the men had ran off beaten up. When the turtle looked over he saw the girl laying on the ground pushing her self back up to standing. She leaned against the wall for support.

"Well superman are you going to come out of the shadows?"

She smirked. For the first time he saw her brilliant blue eyes, her long black hair, and her smile. He noticed a big gash on her forehead.

"You're forehead is bleeding."

He said, before she could register what he said. She became limp and fell. The turtle swiftly reached out and caught her before she hit the ground. Being that close he realized how beautiful she was.

"What have I gotten myself into?"