Chapter 9

Leo's POV

"Isabelle where are you?"

I asked with a chuckle as I walked into the kitchen of her apartment. She was no where to be seen, but what really caught my attention was the amazing smell. I also noticed how dim the lights were, looking around I noticed Max sitting by the dinner table with a black bow tie around his neck.

Smiling I walked over to him and looked at the table. There was two brightly lit candles in the middle, the to chairs on both ends of the table had plates with food on them.

The food consisted of freshly baked chicken, sweet corn, and grilled baby asparagus. There was a plate with freshly baked yeast rolls and a dish of butter next to it, in between the candles. There was two wine glasses filled half way with red wine. Silverware was neatly placed on just as neatly folded napkins.

"Hey Leo."

I turned around at the sound of her voice and when I saw her I felt my eyes widen and my jaw drop a little. Before me she stood in a black dress that hugged her curves perfectly and went to about mid-thigh.

She had more makeup on than usual making her eyes pop. Her jewelry consisted of bright blue jewels surrounded by gold outlines, she wore black heels that made her calf muscles stand out and made her almost as tall as me.

Her hair was pulled back with curls that cascaded down her back. What caught my attention was the fact she still had my old mask tied around her right wrist.

"You look beautiful."

I said making her blush and lower her head. With a smile I walked over to her and gently placed my hand under her chin and lifted her head. Her sapphire eyes shined up at me as she smiled her brilliant smile.

"Do you know what today is?"

She asked with smirk. Softly I placed my lips on hers, tasting the sweet taste of her strawberry lip gloss.

"Of course I know Love."

I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist and her arms wrapped around my neck. She smiled up at me.

"Then tell me."

I chuckled before walking over to the window in the living room where I had came through. Laying on the window seal was a dozen red roses and a small black box.

"Six months ago today was the day we first meet. The day I started falling in love with you."

I said walk back over to her and watch as her eyes widened in shock.

"Leo you didn't have to get me anything."

She said taking the bouquet of flowers from my hands and placed them up to her nose.

"And you didn't have to cook my favorite meal for me."

I said with a smile, still holding the box in my hand. Isabelle placed a kiss on my cheek before walking over to the kitchen.

"Let me put these in water then we can eat."

She said as grabbed an empty vase from under the kitchen sink, and filled it with water. I watched her as she sat the flowers inside the clear liquid, I couldn't help but stare at her with a slight smirk on face.

"What?"

She asked when she turned back around with a grin and slightly confused look. I chuckled and walked over to her with the box where she could see it.

"I have something for you."

I said with a grin. She looked down at the box before looking back up at me.

"What is it?"

She said taking the box from me.

"Open it and find out."

I said. I watched as she carefully opened the velvet box. Her face turned to complete shock, she placed her hand over her mouth.

"Leo this.. Oh my.. You didn't have... It's beautiful."

She said as she pulled out a silver ring that was double banded with a slight gap where the stones stood out. It had three blue stones, the one in the middle was shaped as a heart with round shaped ones on either side.

On the other side of the blue stones was a line of clear diamonds on each side. I watched her as looked it over.

"Do you like it?"

I asked stepping closer to her.

"Like it? I love it!"

She said with excitement.

"Did you notice the inscription?"

I asked her and watched as she looked into the band of the ring. I watched her smile grow.

"It's in Japanese."

She said slightly confused.

"永遠"

I said what was engraved causing her to chuckle.

"And that means?"

She asked.

"Forever."

I said taking the ring from her and smiling. She stepped closer to me placing her hand on my plastron with a sly grin on her lips.

"Forever?"

She asked. I placed my lips on hers, it was a passionate kiss expressing every bit of love I held for her. When we pulled away I slipped the ring onto her right hand ring finger. Pulling her close I placed my forehead on hers.

"That's how long I plan on loving you."