Chapter 14

Isabelle's POV

I was laying on the concrete floor on, my hands were still tied up tightly, water was still dripping off of me. Nathan had thrown a rough blanket on top of me. My lungs still burned from where he had repeatedly held my head under water and all my energy was gone. I looked down at my hands and my eyes locked on the blue fabric  wrapped on wrist.

I began absent mindedly rubbing my finger across the fabric, my thoughts wondered back to about a week ago on our 6 month anniversary. The happiness I felt that night and every time I was with Leonardo helped remind me that there was a reason to smile.

I made a vow to myself in that moment that I would not break down, I would stay strong like Leo had told me to do.

"Good morning."

Nathan's deep voice spoke behind me but I did the best I could to ignore him. I heard his footsteps approach me but I closed my eyes and pretended to still be asleep even though I knew that would stop him from torturing me.

His foot steps stopped and I could sense him hovering over me. I heard him sigh deeply and next thing I knew I was roughly pulled by my hair to my feet I groaned in pain, my whole body ached as I stood up. He roughly turned my head so that I could look him in the eye.

"Another day and your loving boyfriend still hasn't shown up."

He said with a smirk letting go of my hair and turned me around so that we were looking at each other.

"He's going to kill you when gets his hands on you."

I said through my gritted teeth. He just looked at me tilting his head. He chuckled before grabbing my arm and dragging me over to a part of the building where I hadn't been.

"I don't understand why you still think he's coming for you."

He said as I stumbled over my feet a couple time, I coughed  causing my whole body to shake.

"I don't understand why you still think he won't."

I said with a slight smirk, but it soon disappeared as I saw where we were going.

The was an old chain with a hook on the end hanging about 6ft from the ground, beside that was a table filled with items that I couldn't really make out. We stopped walking when we reached the hook and I watched as Nathan pulled it down slightly, then he grabbed my arms and forced them above my head.

"Tonight your going to wish you never meet Leonardo."

He said with an evil grin before he forced my hands over the hook. My feet were barley touching the ground now, the rope around my wrists was starting to cut into my skin, and my whole body was sending out silently cries of pain.

"Nothing you could do to me would make me wish that."

I said as he walked over to the table and grabbed something. I no longer cared if what I said made him angry. He just smirked as he made his way back over to me with 6 inch blade in his hand.

"You really think so?"

He asked standing directly in front of me, since the chain was holding me up I was now eye level with him. Before I could say anything he grabbed the bottom of my tank top and began slicing the fabric up the middle.

My heart sunk as he then cut the straps leaving me in my black bra and small shorts. I felt a sick feeling spread through me as he let his hands trace down my hips. Without thinking I built up the nerve to spit in  his face causing him to stumble backwards.

I could tell I made him angry but I didn't care, no one was aloud to touch me like that unless their name was Leonardo.

In his rage he used the blade in his hand to make a long slice across my stomach. The cool blade stung as warm blood began to flow, I bit my lip to hold back the cry of pain I wished to release.

"You've got spirt. I'll give you that."

He said as he walked back over to the table, sitting the knife down and picking something else up. He walked behind causing me tense up, soon I felt his cold finger tips trace across my back as i felt all my hair being moved over my shoulder.

Then I heard a sound that made me want to cringe in fear, the sound of a leather whip lashing in the air.

"I'm going to break that spirt."

He said in a deep rough voice. I swallowed down the fear inside of me and looked up at my hands. My eyes connecting with the blue fabric around my wrist, in that moment I knew that help was coming and I knew that I had to be tough like Leo would be.

So before he started swinging the whip I said in a voice that almost sounded like a promise.

"You will not break me."