Chapter 2

Isabelle's POV

"Maximus come here."

I was sitting on my bed loosely to the side. From the living room I could hear my big German Shepherd running towards me. He rounded the corner and jumped onto the bed with me, laying his head in my lap. I petted his head smiling to myself as I thought of the blue masked turtle who had saved my life the night before.

The way his blue eyes shined a deeper than the color of his mask. The way his voice sounded when he spoke sent chills down my spine. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Max began to growl, jumping off the bed and rushing to the window.

"What is it boy?"

I said swinging my legs off the bed, making my way to the window. Carefully I stepped closer looking through the glass and seeing Leonardo himself. He was bent down on the fire escape staring at a very angry dog.

"Sit Max."

I said before opening the window letting him and the frigid late October air. He smirked as he walked through the window. I watched him as he stuck his hand out for Max to smell.

"Good to see you again Leonardo."

I said as Max leaned his head against his hand .

"Call me Leo."

He said as he began to scratch Max's belly. I watched them in surprise with my mouth a gape. Leo smiled up at me, chuckling slightly.

"What's wrong?"

He asked me.

"I've never seen him warm up to someone that fast."

I said as he stood up and looked down at me, only inches away from me.

"He's never meet anyone like me."

His comment made me blush. I chuckled slightly before walking towards my bedroom door.

"Come on let's go to the living room."

I said waving for him to follow, I turned my back knowing he would follow behind me.

"Are those your pajamas?"

He asked as we walked down the hallway.

"Yeah why?"

I asked turning my head slightly to look at him. He was smirking at me.

"It's pretty cold for those shorts."

We were now in the living room and I stopped and looked down at my pajamas . I had on black shorts that didn't pass the finger tip test and a long sleeve gray shirt.

"I don't plan on sleeping outside. Would you like a water?"

He chuckled and nodded his head. I left him the living room and walked into the full sized kitchen. I reached into the refrigerator and grabbed two waters before returning to Leo. He was walking around looking at how big the living room was.

"This is a very big apartment, where's your parents?"

He asked as I handed him the water. I chuckled as I sat down on the cream colored couch, sitting with my legs in Indian style.

"They don't live here."

I said, watching his face turn to confusion as he sat on the other side of the couch.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"I'll be 17 in three months. How old are you Leo?"

I asked raising a brow.

"I'll be 18 in a month."

He said with a smirk. His look turned curious but he stayed silent taking a sip of his water. I chuckled slightly at his expression before speaking.

"Your wondering why I'm living only?"

He chuckled and looked away for a moment before, nodding with curious blue eyes.

"Do you know who Matthew Grace is?"

I asked. He smiled and nodded at me.

"Yeah everyone knows him. He's a big name director."

He said.

"Well he's my father."

I said, I watched his face turn into shock and then looked amused.

"Wow that's awesome."

He said.

"Yeah it is. Well thanks to my dad and private school I graduated two months ago. All I wanted to do was come to New York so as a gift he made it happen."

He listen intently with an almost expressionless face.

"You know it's not safe for a girl like you to live on your own in the big city."

He said with a playful smirk. I chuckled as I Maximus payed down in front of me.

"Well I guess it's a good thing I found you."