𝖮𝟤。 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖻𝗈𝗇𝖽

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CHAPTER TWO - BLOOD BOND

❝ i will protect you, yukiji ❞

"stay away from my son, you whore!"

in the windowless stone room, juuri repeatedly whipped the small, trembling girl that held her arms up to cover her frail body.

"so i guess you want more, you vile monster!" she yelled furiously as she turned to the maid that held a pot of hot water.

she grabbed the pot my the handle and walked towards yukiji. she then tipped the pot where the hot water began to fall onto yukiji's body, wetting her hair and burning her skin. she bit her lip to supress the pain until it began to bleed.

"you may be of my blood but you are nothing to me." juuri said with disgust in her voice. "i only have two children whose names are kaname and yuuki. two children whose eyes are garnet!"

juuri threw the pot at yukiji. when it hit her, it shattered into sharp, broken shards that scarred her arms and legs.

"no one will smell your blood when you're in this room." juuri informs. "so there's no need for anyone to find out about any of my children having such disgusting blue eyes like yours."

juuri returned for the day after locking the door to yukiji's room. the room became cold again and it was dark. slowly, she felt her eyes water and tears fell from her face. she touched her face but then noticed that her hands were covered in blood. her vampire healing powers were useless even if she is a pureblood.

"juuri sama talked about my eyes again." yukiji told herself. "is all of this pain happening just because my eyes are blue?"

yukiji stared at the broken teapot that shattered into shards. its edges were sharp like a knife. she took a shard with her bleeding hands and looked at the small mirror on her wall that was shattered.

"so if i cut out my eyes, will they be nicer to me?" yukiji thought, raising the sharp object to her eye. "will they... finally love me?"

without hesitation, yukiji slit her eyes. the red blood aligned itself against the broken teapot piece in her hands and dripped down. it stained her dress but it's not like it was clean anyway.

she was too lost in pain that she didn't notice someone unlocking the door.

"kijin, i brought you your- YUKIJI!"

kaname swiped away the sharp glass in her hand and held her face.

"what were you thinking, you idiot!" kaname scolded her. "you can die from this!"

kaname quickly ripped the hem of his shirt and wrapped it around her head; covering her bleeding eyes. he then grabbed medicine from a secret compartment in the walls and applied it to the fresh marks on her arms and legs.

"juuri sama keep saying that my eyes aren't like yours and yuuki sama. if i cut out my blue eyes, haruka sama and juuri sama would love me if my eyes weren't blue." yukiji told him with her eyes closed shut. "i wish my eyes were brown like yours, onii sama."

"kijin's eyes are the prettiest part about her." kaname confessed. "i hope that i'll be able to see them again."

kaname looked down as he looked at the fresh bruises on her arms inflicted by juuri. the scent of blood suddenly filled his nostrils and thoughts.

it's intoxicating, he thought.

he put down the medicine and lightly grabbed her injured arm. his face drew closer to her bleeding wound and he licked the dripping blood.

"n-nii sama?" yukiji said in a blushing mess. "what are you doing?"

kaname stayed silent. his lips kissing her bruises and making sure to savor every drop of blood that seeped out the wounds.

"i'm sorry, kijin." kaname said, his hand caressing yukiji's cheek. "i can't help it."

yukiji, though she can no longer see, her second sight saw what kaname was doing. she blushed at the tingling sensations she felt on her arms.

"kaname, dinner's ready!" a voice said from the first floor.

"dinner is served earlier today." kaname said, his eyes looking at the door then looking back at yukiji's covered eyes.

"don't do anything like that again, yukiji." kaname told her.

"I won't do it anymore, nii sama." yukiji responded.

usually kaname called her by her nickname kijin but he was using her full name which meant he was serious. yukiji understood that he only says things to protect her so she agreed.

"good girl, kijin." kaname smiled.

kaname left, leaving yukiji alone. to be honest, yukiji wished that kaname could have stayed longer with her but she didn't have the right to ask such a thing from him. as the pain slowly eased, she began counting sheep and she fell asleep.

later that night, kaname came into her room. he saw that she fell asleep sitting up and slowly laid her down. he tucked yukiji in with the new bed sheets he had gotten her that were more soft and warm unlike the thin ones juuri gave her. he looked at her as she slept with ease.

"i like this taste, kijin." kaname whispered. "please forgive your big brother."

kaname bit into his hand and extracted his own blood that filled his mouth. the metallic taste danced on his taste buds. he leaned in towards yukiji's face and their lips connected. kaname fed her his blood until she drank it all. he retracted and bit her her neck, allowing the seductive taste of his sister's blood to forever linger in his mouth. it was irresistible to resist this taste but he managed to pull away before he sucked her dry. he looked at her in shame as he touched the crook of her neck where his fangs punctured her skin.

"with this blood bond that we now share, i will protect you, yukiji."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬