𝖮𝟦。 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝗑𝗂𝖺𝗇 𝗍𝗋𝖾𝗏𝗂𝗌𝗅𝖺𝗂𝗇

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CHAPTER FOUR ━
THE AXIAN TREVISLAIN

❝ hear me out, your majesty! ❞

her body was submerged by warm water adorned with red rose petals

her body was submerged by warm water adorned with red rose petals. she soaked in the water that made her relieved of her lingering pain she endured for the past 11 years.

sebastian enters the bathroom with a silver platter plating a white teacup. "here is your cup of milk and honey, my lady."

"thank you." she said as her hands grasped the curved handle on the teapot. "by the way, why did it take you so long to find me?"

"as you predicted, your birth family have sealed off your powers which includes your thirst for blood. however, it is curious how you thirsted for blood when i came to retrieve you."

"i thirsted for blood even when i was sealed?" yukiji said, touching her neck. "oh, how did you find me?"

sebastian placed his left hand over his heart.

"the remnants of your soul was sealed as you already know." sebastian recalled, "i took acheron from the ancestral home."

"acheron?" yukiji said its name, trying to remember the object he mentioned.

he knew her memory was still in fragments. it will take a few days to recuperate them through cultivation. so from his pocket, he took out an emerald brooch.

 so from his pocket, he took out an emerald brooch

"acheron, also called the river of woe. the alliance were unwilling to let someone like me carry an artifact." sebastian explains. "this can collect the scattered soul by burning an object of the soul that had been lost and heating the stone."

yukiji took the emerald in her hand and held it above her head. she tilts the gemstone and it gleamed as the bathroom lights hits it. for a moment, yukiji's eyes glows a brilliant gold and the emerald jewel turned blue, the same color as her jeweled eyes.

"the jewel that retrieves the fragments of a lost soul from tartarus..." she starts, her blood red lips curling into a smile.

"that place isn't worthy of the name tartarus." she says, sinking herself into the bath. "how are things with the defiant axis?"

sebastian refills the empty teacup with rose tea, the majesty yukiji's favorite, and gave it to her. "they have been managing the kingdom well in your absence."

yukiji drinks from the teacup, gazing at her own reflection reflected on the tea. she knew for a fact that the leader of the defiant axis was a slacker. she suddenly recalled the chance that she had 10,000 years ago to replace him.

"help me get ready, sebastian." yukiji ordered as sebastian handed her a white towel.

"yes, my lady."

yukiji wore a simple pale pink dress with a pair of kitten heels. she never wore the extravagant jeweled dresses nor high heels that sat in her massive closet untouched. no jewelry adorned her neck, ears, nor wrists in fear that her majesty would make even the brightest jewels dull in comparison. across her shoulder blades was a visible marking of a phoenix with its wings spread in the color of blue. it is a symbol of the house of escalus; a phoenix as its mascot that signifies rebirth and immortality. sebastian is by her side, guiding her to her destination.

"it's been a while, your majesty!" a voice greeted.

it was a tall man about 5'10". he had ruby red hair and eyes. his ears are pierced and a butterfly is drawn under his left eye in red.

"you idiot trevislain!" yukiji cursed at him.

indeed that redhead was trevislain, the defiant axis's carefree leader and someone that doesn't respect yukiji at all despite her being of higher rank. it is simply because she doesn't abuse her authoritative power and gives leniency. is he human or someone like her majesty? well, not exactly. he is an axian, a human race that served the house of escalus and was bounded to them for generations to come by an oath. also, he never wears any undershirt.

"your majesty, you need to relax a bit. i know that you just woke up but don't stir up trouble for me. the elders are planning to abdicate me soon so i need your help!"

trevislain grasped yukiji's hands with puppy dog eyes. yukiji stared at him in revolt as she pulled away from him.

"trevislain, how about you and i take a walk down on tartarus?" yukiji threatened him with a smile. "i promise i won't push you in even if you are the crown axian."

"what's with the threat, yukiji sama?" trevislain says, backing away slowly from her. "please put in a good word word for me! the elders will listen to you!"

"sebastian," she turns to him "throw him in tartarus for harassing the empress."

"what?" trevislain with a dumbfounded expression on his face. "w-wait, your majesty..."

"what about you, my lady?" sebastian asked yukiji.

"the palace blueprints are becoming clearer in my memory. i will be fine." yukiji replied.

sebastian bows then he turned to trevislain who was tiptoeing away and grabbed the back of his shirt.

"let's go, sir trevislain." sebastian said with the happiest smile as he drags trevislain away to tartarus.

"hear me out, your majesty!" trevislain cried as yukiji watches the figures of trevislain and sebastian slowly disappears in the palace halls.

don't worry, he'll live.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬