𝖮𝟧。 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CHAPTER FIVE ━
WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT

i've come for my jewel-eyed niece.

KURAN RESIDENCE.

he didn't know where she disappeared to.

kaname now stared at the empty room that seemed darker than it usually was. of course, a lifeless room seemed to glow when she was here.

"yukiji, that's a complete stranger! where you think you're going?"

"away from this hell hole."

he remembered the five words she told him before she left... with that man dressed in black─a butler named sebastian. his sister yukiji left with him. kaname didn't see anything that belonged to her as he scanned the room filled with the same furniture. who was he kidding? juri, haruka, nor yuki were kind enough to give her anything. he knew that yuki's behavior towards yukiji was because of juuri and haruka's influence but she wasn't innocent.

he teleported back to his room where he laid on his bed as he looked at the white ceiling. who was that butler in back? then he remembered catching a glimpse of an unfamiliar blue marking on yukiji's back that resembled wings.

"it doesn't look like a tattoo" he concluded, "now that i think of it, there was always strange blue marks on kijin's back. could that have been it?"

. . .

SOME TIME LATER . . .

an ominous presence radiated throughout the large kuran manor. snow danced as the wind blew harshly. a man with dark hair and mismatched red-blue eyes eyes looked at the large home with his followers behind him.

juuri and haruka stood side-by-side in front of the door to their home. they looked with caution at the man in front of them; their eldest brother rido kuran.

"i'm amazed that you can act on your own without the senate's supervision, brother." haruka spoke as rido smiled.

"where's my jewel-eyed niece?" he asked the couple. "i want the escalus blood."

the couple was shocked and was taken back that he knew. to be honest, juuri and haruka knew as well. the moment when yukiji was born, her blue jeweled eyes gave it away. the fact that she was born as their first daughter made them overjoyed but their hatred for rido was taken out on her. she was no longer residing in the manor and they were glad that the daughter they loved so much was gone.

"you bastard!" juuri yelled with anger. "my first child wasn't enough and now you come for another!?"

while in the manor, kaname held onto yuuki's trembling body. the scent of blood filled the kuran manor and left minds uneasy.

"it's all okay, yuuki." kaname reassured her.

"the smell of blood is..." yuuki cried, "nee sama! what about yukiji nee sama?"

"yukiji is..."

"yuuki." a voice called out; it was juuri's.

"mother!" yuuki ran to juuri. "is father okay? what about yukiji onee sama... and kaname oni sama?"

juuri looked at kaname with a gentle smile. she walks towards kaname.

"please take care of yuuki for us." juuri asks kaname. "if you see yukiji again, tell her that i wished i was a better mother."

she kisses his cheek and turns around. she takes yuki's small hand and motions her into a dark room.

"okay yuuki, come with me now." she says softly.

"what about oni sama?" yuki asked as juri closes the door. "kaname oni sama! yukiji nee sama!"

in the room, there was only juuri and yuki. she held knelt down and held her daughter tightly.

"yuki, please don't hate me for doing this." juri tells her daughter. "don't blame your sister or anyone because of this."

yuki heard cracking noises and saw that her mother's head was bleeding as she smiled at her. "this spell will seal your pureblood powers and turn you human. when you see yukiji again, please love her to the extent that your father and i couldn't."

with her last words, yuuki's vision faded to black. juri shattered into pieces after sacrificing herself to turn yuuki human. kaname is now outside as he assisted haruka in killing rido's underlings. haruka fought his battle and was pierced in the heart by a hunter's sword.

"please don't destroy my pride as a father." haruka says, hugging kaname from behind. "you, yukiji, and yuuki were so cute. i wished i loved you all better and more."

with his final words, haruka vanished and joined his beloved wife. after saying their regrets in their final moments, they can live on with ease in the afterlife.

kaname holds the hunter's sword in his hand. "i want to make you disappear."

as he swings his sword, he realizes that he cannot move his arm forwards. rido chuckled, amused.

"i am your master. you cannot kill me that easily." rido mocked. "with your full powers restored even i am unstoppable. i will return to taste the blood of the escalus queen!"

"i will find a way to destroy you" kaname declares, "before that time comes, you will shut up."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ unedited.