𝖮𝟩。 𝖺 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝗀𝗎𝗒

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CHAPTER SEVEN
A GOOD GUY

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬CHAPTER SEVEN ━A GOOD GUY

❝ cool mr.hunter ❞

"if not for your tardiness, i would have been drained of my royal blood." yukiji sneered.

her butler's ears takes in the reprimands of his lady and mistress. as a butler, how could he allowed this? he repeatingedly served every one of her numerous but limited incarnations in the last millenia without fail. during those times, not even a single spec of dust surrounded her.

she let out a heavy sigh. she crosses her right leg over the other as she touches her neck. to be more specific, the place that the wretched kuran descent bit her. she was disgusted by the thought that he would take advantage of her kindness and morale.

"it is a relief that my soul is stronger than those last apostles of mine." yukiji says. "if not that you gathered every soul fragment, escalus will have your head."

sebastian kneels on one knee with his hand over his heart.

"i have neglected my duties, my lady." he said with his head down. "please proceed with my deserved punishment no matter how gore it might be."

yukiji is a woman that can differentiate the morally right and wrong; a virtuous woman was what she was. personally, she didn't like to be seen as a woman of virtue when she thirsts only for her own survival and her kingdom.

"idiot" she said to him, pursing her lips, "even a demon such as yourself cannot heal when they are in the presence of a holy object from escalus. it is because of me that allows your body inside of escalus. because of me that you're loyalty will remain within the escalus royal line eternally. how selfish am i, a virtuous woman?"

what she meant was that he will be stuck with her eternally. a demon feed on vengeful souls to survive but how can they devour an immortal soul? why is an almighty being like the heavenly empress, untouchable in all her glory, vengeful?

"my lady is not selfish." sebastian coaxed. "everything she does is for the survival of escalus."

the nine heavens is the place of the imperial grounds where the royal family resides as well as its council. trevislain, the defiant axis's idiot flamboyant leader, doesn't inhabit these sacred grounds but resides in the north; the axian ancestral home, the cloudless sky.

"the wretched kuran's son had drunken himself with the royal blood." yukiji contemplates. "i can't leave, either."

kaien's favor was that yukiji become a student at his academy. she cannot object to a favor.